PDA

View Full Version : Bridget Fitzpatrick Carpenter born May 1820?? surname KENTSMITH

Philezra
15-04-2009, 6:07 PM
Hi

The only definite things I know about my Great x 3 Grandmother is that she was 63 years and 4 months old when she died on 12 August 1887 in Jersey.

She married Ralph Barrow in Madras, India on 4 August 1841.

Ralph was in the 15th Hussars and a website shows there was a John Carpenter in that Regiment at the same time. I suspect, logically, that Bridget must have gone to India with her family - she was very young... -

All I know is that she was "of Cork".

Ralph's and Bridget's daughter, Elizabeth, (Lizzie) married Patrick Smith of Clonmel, Tipperary in Jersey - he was born 16 January 1837 and their family name returned" to being/became KENTSMITH......

I have posted this in the Tipperary/Cork sections in case anyone should recognise the connections

thank you
Phil

Mutley
15-04-2009, 6:22 PM
Hello Phil,

It is not a good idea to start two threads with exactly the same request. Members will try to answer your query without knowing that extensive research may have been carried out on the other thread.

I will close this thread but should anyone be able to help Phil, please refer here (http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44862).