1. William Brewerton and Catherine Foley - 16 May 1864
- St John the Baptist, Hoxton

2. James Stone & Mary Ann Moore - 19 Nov 1837
- St Mary, Lambeth,Surrey

3. David John Foster & Maria Turner - Jan 20 1867
- St Georges, Camberwell, Surrey

TRIER
28-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Hello, I notice you have an unwanted Turner certificate, which suggests that you may be searching for Turner in East London.

With the huge numbers of John and Mary Ann Turners in that area around 1850, I am struggling to pin anyone down.

Is it possible we are looking for related people?.
Regards

Jemimajane
18-09-2008, 8:03 PM
Hi

Sorry for the delayed acknowledgement of your post - havent visited the forum for some months.

My Maria Turner married William Rogers in the 1850's in Lavenham, Suffolk and the moved to the Bloomsbury/Holborn area of London. I have the Turnes going back a couple of generations in Lavenham.

Once again, apologies for the late reply.

Jan

TRIER
19-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Hello Jan, thank you for your reply, my London Turners appear to have originated in Northamptonshire, but although my Great Grandmother used a different maiden name on all her childrens birth certificates, I suspect the John Turner she claimed as their father was fictitious, as he became deceased and re-risen, between and after various childbirths and was fathering children from beyond the grave.

Methinks the Lady was a stranger to the truth and the institution of marriage.

Regards
TRIER:confused:

Aislin
06-08-2009, 3:31 PM
I'm interested in the details of David and Maria Foster. Does it say who David's parents were?