PDA

View Full Version : Joseph Henry Wright

zwrights
26-02-2005, 12:09 AM
A cry for help please?
I'm trying to find out if Joseph Henry Wright was living at either of the following 2 addresses in West Bromwich in 1901 (the Census)?
- 98 Richard Street South - West Bromwich (possibly born here in March 1887)
- 100 Moor Street - also West Bromwich I think (married out of here in 1909)
I know that 98 Richard Street South is in the sub-district of West Bromwich South West but to be honest I haven't got a clue as to which one of the 31 districts I should look in/under!
I appreciate I could do an address search on www.1901census.nationalarchives.gov.uk but I have a 30 day trial of ancestry.co.uk running at the moment and I would love to find it through that route.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks - Steve
PS. I think St John the Evangelist is the correct area for bohat 98 Richard Street South is in the sub-district of West Bromwich South West but to be honest I haven't got a clue as to which one of the 31 districts I should look in/under!
I appreciate I could do an address search on www.1901census.nationalarchives.gov.uk but I have a 30 day trial of ancestry.co.uk running at the moment and I would love to find it through that route.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks - Steve
PS. I think St John the Evangelist is the correct area for both addresses in the sub-district of West Bromwich South West but to be honest I still haven't got a clue as to which one of the 31 districts I should look in/under!

Lottie
27-02-2005, 1:38 AM
You can use Ancestry - to locate John Henry WRIGHT , but I have not found their address searches very helpful, possibly because of the way their Indexes are constructed and you cannot search for just an address.

If you use advanced search
check for Joseph WRIGHT ( the Joseph H or Joseph Henry, will also come up ) of the correct age .
I have done a very quick search on 1901 for a Joseph aged 13 or 14 living in West Bromwich , without success.
The only 13 yr old WRIGHT I could locate was John with a Father Joseph.

Happy Huntnng

Lottie

Peggy
27-02-2005, 9:03 PM
Hi Steve,

Have you tried searching the 1891 census on ancestry? Be sure NOT to use "exact search," and don't put too much information. Remember, the place name or age could have been mistranscribed. You might even try WRI* for the surname.

Does the marriage cert give his father's name? Perhaps you could find him with a young child named Joseph in 1891?

Regards,

Peggy