PDA

View Full Version : Baptism search

flounder
09-04-2009, 1:18 PM
Hi all,
i am sorry, this is a repeat question, i did have the details of this baptism, but lost the paperwork for it, (blonde moment). Lost a load of census info too, but managed to get that lot back.
I know that my gt gt grandfather was baptised in Pershore, Gt Comberton, name Naasson Jesse Mann, born 1860, Pershore/Gt Comberton, parents Thomas Mann and Ann Lock/e, would someone be able to tell me what church it was and whether the church was Catholic or CofE or something else.
All my paperwork has been put into a large book now, no more bits of paper flying around, think i have learnt my lesson replacing all census info, thats taken me best part of a day, and still going.

Sorry to be a nuisence, i know all you lovely people work so hard searching things for us and i really appreciate it.
Kind regards
Wendy.xxx

Pam101
09-04-2009, 2:09 PM
LDS search shows christening on 18 March 1860. Clicking on Source Call No takes you to "Parish Registers for Great Comberton 1540 - 1964". It shows as Parish Church of Great Comberton and is Church of England.

flounder
09-04-2009, 9:17 PM
Sorry for the delay in replying, kids got to the laptop before me.
Thank you so much, really appreciate the info as it helps me no end, it means i can search the baptisms for his children now on one one lot of churches, CofE, rather than a needle in a haystack on all churches.

Thanks again

Wendy.xxx