PDA

View Full Version : Ian Bliss, Sportsmaster

David Hankey
06-04-2009, 10:38 AM
2010 will see the 50th. Anniversary of one of Linden Primary School's most successful sporting achievements. The football team became "Champions of Division 4" and I am looking for any information on IAN BLISS who was the Sportsmaster at the time in 1959/60.

If anyone has any information I would be extremely pleased to hear from you.

Kind regards,

David Hankey

PS. Linden School is still situated in Headland Road, Evington, Leicester.

ChristineR
07-04-2009, 8:06 AM
Just a reminder that if anyone information about potential living persons for David, it should be sent by the PM system :)

NFurniss
25-10-2009, 11:41 AM
2010 will see the 50th. Anniversary of one of Linden Primary School's most successful sporting achievements. The football team became "Champions of Division 4" and I am looking for any information on IAN BLISS who was the Sportsmaster at the time in 1959/60.

If anyone has any information I would be extremely pleased to hear from you.

Kind regards,

David Hankey

PS. Linden School is still situated in Headland Road, Evington, Leicester.

Hi David,

Linden School must have been opened soon after WW2 ended. The C of E primary school in Evington that I attended from 1931 to 1935, was just a few yards from School Lane. It had only two classrooms but took pupils from 5 to 11 years of age. There were no Bliss families in Evington so far as I remember, certainly no schoolchildren. Ian must have been a post-war trainee. A sports-master had probably seen service in the Army or Air force probably as a Physical Training Instructor. Have you any idea how old Ian would have been? The Leicester Mercury, would have had a report of the championship. Nick Furniss.

David Hankey
26-10-2009, 8:41 AM
Hi, Nick,

Thanks for your response. As far as I know Linden School on Headland Road, Evington was built after WWII to accommodate the growing population and new council housing estates that were going up at that time.

The C of E School, I guess served the old Evington village from Victorian days.

Mr. Bliss would be, I guess, well into his 80's now if not older. I have put notices in the 'Mercury' and the 'Evington Echo'. To date I have located 10 out of the 14 players but, alas, no Sportsmaster.

David Hankey

Kerrywood
02-01-2011, 6:25 PM
Details of possibly living persons should not be posted on the forums. Please use the private messaging system or email.

This thread is now closed.