PDA

View Full Version : HERMAN AND LEWIS WULFSON

phillip
04-04-2009, 5:46 PM
I am enclosing initial data on the two brothers Herman and Lewis Wulfson originally from Gdanz Poland who settled in the UK during the 1850s and both were granted British nationality. Their father was Michael Wulfson and mother Frederica and details of the family can be seen in Doreen Berger's publication The Jewish Victorian Genealogical Information from the Jewish Newspapers 1861-70 Pp393 with links to families including Hart;Harinkirsch, Mayer,Jacob,Shoeps; Inger amongst others.
My interest is in Herman Wulfson who married Leah Hart daughter of Henry Hart and Phoebe Myers my 4x great grandparents. Herman was a master watchmaker/jeweller and he died in 1869 age 46- his tombstone can be seen on the Genpals cemetery project.
His widow Leah died in 1901 age 72 at 16 a Southfield Road Acton with her son Albert present. Both Herman and Lewis had settled originally in Manchester but Herman moved to London and died at 18 Houndsditch. One of the daughters of Herman and Leah- Beatrice Wulfson married Samuel Jacob in 1895.
The descendants of Herman and Leah also married into the Courlander families namely two brothers Norton and Louis Courlander ( original surname Schactnowich from Goldingen Pale of Settlement Russia).
If any researchers are interested in making contact please let me know.
Phillip

phillip
04-04-2009, 7:09 PM
As a follow up to my earlier posting the children of Herman Wulfson and Leah Hart are:
Amelia Wulfson b 22 May 1859 28 York Street Cheetham Manchester d 1927 Richmond Surrey married Norton Courlander
Joseph L Wulfson b1860/61 Manchester
Albert Napthali Wulfson b1862/63 Manchester married Gabrielle Zepherine Inger 16 March 1901 Hampstead
Frederica Wulfson 1863/64 Manchester
Alice Wulfson 3 Jan 1867 18 Houndsditch
Beatrice Julia Wulfson b1868/69 18 Houndsditch married Samuel Jacob son of Henry Jacob and Pauline Wulfson
Julia Wulfson

Phillip