01-04-2009, 1:41 PM
1920 U.S. Federal Census
Philip S Lauben (*?) Was later a Colonel USA Army WWII
Mother: Harriet (*1867)

U.S. Public Records Index
Philippa S Lauben (*Feb 1948) family member of Philip S Lauben

Sue Mackay
01-04-2009, 3:01 PM
All I can find on this family on Ancestry is an incoming passenger list from New York to Southampton arr 14 July 1950 (the USNS Gen. Rose)

Harriet H LAUBEN 83
Irma D LAUBEN 36
Kent O'Dowd GALLGHER 9
Harriet E GALLGHER 5
Philip S GALLGHER 2
All travelling to London with sponsor, Col Philip S LAUBEN Army 039500

If anyone has information on the family members who may still be alive, please send the information by Private Message

brad
01-04-2009, 3:59 PM
Hi Sue
Thank you but I have that info.
I have an Ancestry subscription but not the World type.
But thanks anyway.

windmill
01-04-2009, 4:54 PM
|wave|

New York Passenger List

PHILIP S LAUBEN
born New York
Address HQ Military District Jacksonville Florida
Arrival 2nd JULY 1954 New York New York
Depart Southampton
Ship Mauretinia
Also
IRMA D LAUBEN
born S.Africa
HARRIET E LAUBEN
born England
PHILLIPA LAUBEN
born New York
KENT LAUBEN
born England
Could this be them?
Windmill |wave|

windmill
01-04-2009, 5:09 PM
|wave|

1920 US Census

PHILIP S LAUBEN
age 20 abt 1900
born New York
Fathers place of birth Germany
Mothers place of birth Iowa
Address Camp Zackary Taylor Jefferson Kentucky.
Roll T625-577 Page 59A District 18 Image 1048
Hope this helps

WINDMILL |wave|

brad
01-04-2009, 6:15 PM
Thanks Windmill this is indeed the family.
Needed to verify that Irma was indeed born in South Africa.
Does the 1920 Census verify that his mother's name was Harriet? Or give his father's name?

windmill
01-04-2009, 6:30 PM
|wave|

Hi
Sorry no names given of parents. I will look on the 1910 for Harriet.

Windmill |wave|

Sue Mackay
01-04-2009, 6:43 PM
Hi Sue
Thank you but I have that info.
I have an Ancestry subscription but not the World type.
But thanks anyway.

Sorry brad, I have the world edition and couldn't find them, then wondered why I hadn't found what Windmill found. I realise now that I did a search yesterday which I limited by asking it to show only UK results, and didn't realise the box was still ticked. |doh|

I can PM you the date of Harriet E Lauben's marriage if you want it and her entry from the Public Recors Index. The PRI also has entries for Philip A Snr and Philip A Jr. Not sure if the different middle initial is significant. These people may still be alive so I won't post details here.

brad
03-04-2009, 8:00 AM
How do I confirm his mother's maiden name? Would it be on the birth certificate? Is there anyway to look this up?

Philip Stueler Lauben (Laubenberger)
DOB 18 Feb 1899 Brooklyn, Kings, New York, U.S.A.
DOD 2 Mar 1996 Athol, Warren, New York, U.S.A.

Mother: Harriet (Hedwig Harriet Stueler/Stuler?) (aka Hattie?)1867

brad
03-04-2009, 9:09 AM
Or would it be on her marriage certificate to Philip Laubenberger in 1896 Brooklyn, New York?
Later changes to Lauben.

Sue Mackay
03-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Or would it be on her marriage certificate to Philip Laubenberger in 1896 Brooklyn, New York?
Later changes to Lauben.

Ancestry lists the marriage of Philip LAUBENBERGER in 1895 (Brooklyn, New York). Spouse's name Minnie G AUKETELL

There were also marriages listed in New York for Katharina and Maria LAUBENBERGER

There is a New York birth registered for a Geo. J. LAUBENBERGER 17 December 1898

There's an entry for a Philip LAUBENBERGER in a 1889-1890 New York Directory.
Address: 196 Columbia, Brooklyn

The entry for the year earlier gives two locations, 252 Columbia and 195 Coumbia, and the slightly more helpful occupation of buttermer, so presumably he was a butter merchant.

There is a Philip LAUBENBERGER who appears on the 1910 Brooklyn census as a boarder, 19 years old and single, and who is a salesman of butter and eggs.

I don't know whether this helps or confuses you :)

brad
03-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Also saw that marriage. But looking for 1896.
Seen that most of the Laubenbergers were workers in/or butter and milk. Same as the Stuelers. Must have been farmers back in Prussia?
Have managed to track down one of the living descendants via FaceBook so will have to wait and see if she can clarify the marriage.

brad
15-04-2009, 9:58 AM
Hedwig Harriet Lauben nee Stueler 1867 - 1952

Deutsches Reichs-Adressbuch für Industrie, Gewerbe, Handel und Landwirtschaft, 1929, 1. Band

Lebens- u. Genussmittel: Adressbuch der Lebens- und Genußmittelbranche, 1925

Also saw her in Poland (Marienburg Wpr., 1938/39 Woiwodschaft Pommern (Pomorskie), Polen (Poland)) but as she had German family I am curious if this is the American Hedwig Harriet Lauben who I assume is traveling after her husband died, 1920.

New York City Directories - Hedwig Harriet Lauben

Looking for a birth date to verify with the one that I have of Hedwig Harriet Stueler. And/or of her New York address which should correspond with where her family lived.

Most of the data will be in German, which I can read. Any help on verifying will be greatly appreciated.