PDA

View Full Version : LOADER/PURSEY IN BINFIELD area 1851 census

Rowheat
24-02-2005, 8:05 AM
Hello

Could anyone look up JAMES LOADER in the 1851 census please, I believe he was born approx 1838 in the Binfield area, so hopefully will still be with his parents in 1851.
He and his wife Hannah were the adoptive/foster parents of my Gt Gt Gt Grandfather JOHN PURSEY from when John was 2 in 1871, on the census entry it says that John is their nephew and I am trying to find out if that is true as John was the illegitimate son of MARY PURSEY born 1869 Winkfield and I have been unable to find any record of her anywhere.

If anyone happens to have JAMES LOADER marrying HANNAH anywhere in their records I would love to hear of that too please.

Ever hopeful

Rowena

Harry
24-02-2005, 3:02 PM
Rowena,

From 1851 census:

Binfield Dist 1b
HO107/1694 f. 457 p. 11

William Loader, Head, Mar, 70, Male, Pauper Agricultural Labourer, Heckfield HAM
Mary Loader, Wife, Mar, 66, Female, , Binfield BRK
James Loader, Grandson, Un, 14, Male, Agricultiral Labourer. Visitor, Binfield BRK
B Holmes, Visitor, Un, 55, Male, Agricultural Labourer, NK ENG

I'll see what possiblities there are in Binfield for any other Loaders.

Harry

Harry
24-02-2005, 3:20 PM
Rowena,

There are only two other Loader households in Binfield shown:

William Loader, Head, Mar, 40, Male, Agricultural Labourer, Binfield BRK
Jane Loader, Wife, Mar, 37, F, , Wokingham BRK
William Loader, Son, Un, 17, M. Agricultural Labourer, Binfield
Emma Loader, Daur, Un, 14, F, , Binfield
John Loader, Son, Un, 9, M, , Binfield
George Loader, Son, Un, 7, M, , Binfield
James Loader, Son, Un, 5, M, , Binfield
Frederick Loader, Son, Un, 2, M, , Binfield
Henry Loader, Son, Un, 9m, M, , Binfield

and
listed as living at "Red Rose"

James Loader, Head, Mar, 38, M, Farm Labourer, Binfield
Eliza Loader, Wife, Mar, 32, F, , Binfield
James Loader, Son, Un, 8, M, , Binfield
Henry Loader, Son, Un, 6, M, , Binfield
William Loader, Son, Un, 3, M, , Binfield

Hope this helps
Harry

Rowheat
24-02-2005, 7:06 PM
Hi Harry

Thanks so much for the 1851 census entries, trust my one to be likely a grandson with no clue to whose child he was.

Do you know if there are any indexes for the 1841 census or Parish Register indexes for the same area as I can't get to the Record Office until the summer and would like to find an easy way - although with this particular family they have been awkward since I started tracing them :-)

Thanks again for your help

Rowena

Harry
24-02-2005, 7:51 PM
Rowena,

I don't think so - both BFHS and the Berkshire Records Office have the the 1841 census, but I do not think it is indexed. I believe that the Parish Records are held at the BRO as well (have a look at their on line catalogue).

Incidentally, I see you are looking for Whites in Berkshire - any in Reading ??

Harry

Rowheat
24-02-2005, 9:06 PM
Hi Harry

Thanks for your post again, you wouldn't believe how lucky I have been in the last half hour thanks to your census information.
I did a Google search for William Loader and Heckfield and to my amazement up came a family tree !!
So I now believe that JAMES LOADER also was an illegitimate only child like JOHN PURSEY, so I think I am going to have to concentrate on finding out HANNAH's maiden name via their marriage and see if she had a sister called MARY.
Don't surpose you have any entries for PURSEY in 1851 do you please, JOHN PURSEY was born in 1869 Winkfield, but HANNAH LOADER was born Wokingham so maybe her maiden name was PURSEY and they came from WOKINGHAM ?

As to my WHITE's I have CAROLINE ELIZA WHITE b 1846 Clewer,Windsor daughter of WILLIAM WHITE and CAROLINE SKILLING, William was born c1821 Clewer, Windsor - the son of ROBERT WHITE and there I am stuck.

I really need a visit to the Berkshire Record Office, I went when it was the old office many years ago, so hope to get there this year.

Thanks again for your help

Rowena

PS
If you need any census lookups in 1871, 81, 91, 1901 let me know as I have a subscription to Ancestry - also lots of East Sussex indexes

Harry
24-02-2005, 9:39 PM
Rowena,

Happy to have been of assistance.

Thanks for the offer, I also have access.

Good hunting

Harry

Rowheat
24-02-2005, 9:39 PM
Hi Harry

Me again, well I have been having fantastic luck, the Free BMD must have added some more as I decided to look for HANNAH PURSEY in Wokingham and found HANNAH b 1841 which would tie in with the age I have her on the census and then thought to look for MARY PURSEY and amazingly found MARY ANN PURSEY b 1849 also WOKINGHAM which would have made her 20 when JOHN PURSEY was born.

So if there is any chance of you looking for the girls aged 10 and 2 in the 1851 census I would be so grateful and then when I get to the Record Office I can confirm all these fantastic findings.

Thank goodness for the Internet and helpful people, I have been and helped someone on the London forum - what goes around comes around is my mottoe and I am regularly proved right. I tend to help someone else and then someone like yourself does the same so thank you once again.

Rowena

Harry
24-02-2005, 9:45 PM
Too hasty with the "post" button. There are not very many PURSEYs at all in the 1851 census mainly Reading and Wokingham areas. The only ones in the Winkfield/Windsor areas are two women in their 60s (either Widows or Unm) and a 12 year old girl.

Harry

Rowheat
24-02-2005, 9:52 PM
Bet you are fed up with me ha ha
Think they might be the daughters of William PURSEY of Wokingham who should be 45 on the 1851 census.

Hope he is on there- really odd as I have the indexes for 3 other areas of BErks but not Wokingham - typical.

Thanks again

Rowena

Harry
25-02-2005, 3:50 PM
Rowena,

I've found a William aged 46 born Wokingham (which isn't a million miles from Binfield). Also got wife and family, rather than transcribe, can I send this as a csv file?

Harry

Rove
01-06-2005, 9:28 AM
Hi

In Free BMDs there this entry

James John Loader married Hannah Batchelor - Dec/1868 ref 1b 615 in Hackney
------
I am searching the Loader Family of West Wellow Hamps.