PDA

View Full Version : 1932 gravestone Mount pleasant cem. york

Jane Gee
29-03-2009, 7:38 PM
My ancestor Henry Arthur Gittings died and was buried in 1932 according to his death certificate at the Mount Pleasant cemetery York Ontario I would love to see if there is a gravestone for him and/or an obituary I would love copies. As yet there is nothing on line that I can find. I believe his wife is also buried with him I do have her death certificate info.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can go about obtaining the above. I would be willing to do a look up at the National Archives Kew Surrey UK should anyone wish me to do a recriprical look up.
Best Wishes
Jane

BeeJay
29-03-2009, 8:21 PM
Hi Jane,

You could try using Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness. Their volunteers have been very helpful to me and if there's a cost it's usually very minimal.

Henry's buried in the Mount Pleasant Cemetery in the city of Toronto, County of York. RAOGK has one volunteer listed for Toronto who will do lookups for obituaries and another one who will do photos of gravestones.

:)

AdeleE
29-03-2009, 8:48 PM
http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss138/AdeleE_2009/Gittings.jpg

Here you go! Toronto Daily Star, May 18, 1932, page 31

Adele

BeeJay
29-03-2009, 9:08 PM
Great work Adele!! :)

Jane Gee
30-03-2009, 8:36 PM
Hi Adele
What a star you are thank you thank you so much you have made my day. |hug|:D
Also thanks Beejay for the suggestion I will certainly follow this up. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.
Best Wishes
Jane

Jane Gee
02-04-2009, 8:03 PM
Hi Beejay and Adele
Just to say I am pleased no over the moon to be able to tell you have I have a photo of a gravestone for Henry Gittings wife and photos of the burial ground for them plus a plan of the cemetery. Without your help and advice I would never have found 1. the obituary and 2. the website.
I only emailed the person on Tuesday night and hey presto came home to find 3 digital pictures waiting for me this evening.
So to say I am chuffed is an understatement I wished I could |hug| you all and that includes the person in Canada.
Many Thanks
Jane|bowdown|

AdeleE
02-04-2009, 9:08 PM
That is wonderful! I'm so glad to have been able to help. Mount Pleasant is a huge cemetery, so that person must have had a good long walk to the tombstone. I was able to help sitting at my computer in my pjs.
Adele

susan-y
02-04-2009, 11:53 PM
|woohoo|

That was certainly quick! How nice that someone responded so quickly. Way to go everyone:D

Sue

kermie62
03-04-2009, 12:14 AM
I must say that it seems that out of all the sports, hobbies and interests people have, geneology and family history seems to attract the nicest and most helpfu people. The best of the breed so to speak

BeeJay
03-04-2009, 1:25 AM
That's great news Jane! I'm very pleased for you. :):)

v.wells
03-04-2009, 3:00 PM
Terrific Jane Gee! |hug| There are no obits for any of my lot, so I am soo envious at your good fortune. |jumphappy

Sue Mackay
03-04-2009, 3:05 PM
I must say that it seems that out of all the sports, hobbies and interests people have, geneology and family history seems to attract the nicest and most helpfu people. The best of the breed so to speak

Hear hear. And a lot of them seem to be members of B-G!

Delighted to hear of your success Jane.

Jane Gee
03-04-2009, 4:21 PM
Following on from this I now have a photo of the house they lived in plus other info Paul Turner from Canada stand up and take a bow you are a wonderful man|bowdown|:cool:|bowdown| and I am incredibly lucky
Jane x