PDA

View Full Version : William Weale dob 1785 dod 3/12/1830

Scout
28-03-2009, 9:47 PM
I believe my ggg grandfather was born in St Mary's parish Middlesex. He volunteered for what I believe was the Crimean War. He enlisted in Windsor which was apparently walking distance. He was a well educated man and was soon promoted to Pay Sergeant. Later he was serving in Greece where he became Secretary to the Governor. Can anyone tell me how to verify this information|5cups|
Thankyou
Scout

Sue Mackay
28-03-2009, 10:11 PM
If you mean William Weale (1785-1830) as per the title of your thread then he certainly did not take part in the Crimean War, which was fought between 1853 and 1856.

Kerrywood
28-03-2009, 10:34 PM
I believe my ggg grandfather was born in St Mary's parish Middlesex. He volunteered for what I believe was the Crimean War. He enlisted in Windsor which was apparently walking distance. He was a well educated man and was soon promoted to Pay Sergeant. Later he was serving in Greece where he became Secretary to the Governor. Can anyone tell me how to verify this information

Scout, if you can post all the information you have on your GGGgrandfather William WEALE, and tell us where you got it from, some of the military buffs on this forum are bound to be able to help you along a bit. :)

Kerrywood

Scout
30-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Thanks Kerrywood but alas my info is limited to elderly cousins who have travelled to Uk and Greece to reunite with other long lost relo's. All are elderly now and trying to get info from them is like pulling your own teeth. Every now and then they wll come up with something and I have to try and get a littlle more each time. This last bit I recieved was last week just before one was going in to have hip replacement done. And that was what I posted. Talk about frustrating but then it is my fault because if I had got interested in this earlier maybe I could have got more from them, but then again and I am not sure but I am not actually related to them by blood, as I was adopted when I was about 7 so maybe they feel that I am not really kin. I dont know but as far as I am concerned this is my family and I would love to finish the tree. Thanks again and best wishes
Scout|angel|