PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Jan

bigdave
19-03-2009, 9:36 PM
Thanks to Jan's good advice (see No Records on Illegitemacy thread) I sent for a birth certificate,for my mother, with little hope of success, as I had tried so many times to find her on record and mother had tried to find it herself,but was convinced that she had not been registered, but Joy oh Joy today it arrived, and down tumbled that huge brick wall, everything she had said fell into place, the one thing that was not on the certificate was the Fathers name, though I never expected it to be, as he was a married titled MP, I can now get on with building my tree. The laugh is last month through the 1911 census I found out that my father was also born out of wedlock.
It was a good day that I met Jan.
I can't thank you enough Jan.
Thankyou again David
|hug|:):D;):)|laugh

Jan1954
19-03-2009, 9:45 PM
That is brilliant, David! |woohoo|

That is what this forum is all about - helping each other. Sometimes a different way of thinking or a fresh set of eyes can find things that you have been staring at for ages.

I am so pleased - almost as though she had been one of my own! :D

I am chuffed to little mintballs for you and yes - it was a great day that we met and you joined the forum!

|jumphappy

v.wells
19-03-2009, 10:01 PM
That's huge Dave! :D Congratulations!|hug|

susan-y
19-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Great news David! Just love it when another |banghead| crumbles!
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-016.gif

Sue

MythicalMarian
19-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Fantastic news, David - so pleased for you. It's true, I think we're one of the few communities who actually rejoice in others' good fortune as much as our own - if not more so sometimes. I'm thrilled for you.

|jumphappy

Philippa_Harvey
20-03-2009, 6:40 AM
Well said, MythicalMarion - I sing the praises of this forum wide, loud and clear for exactly that reason.

David, I'm thrilled too. A successful outcome for anyone on this forum is almost as good as a personal success.

Let's hope there are many more!!!

Philippa

Ladkyis
20-03-2009, 2:03 PM
I did the happy dance for you - my granddaughter joined in too "so that the man can have extra happy"

We like extra happy

bigdave
20-03-2009, 5:45 PM
Thankyou all for your happy response to my good fortune, the dancing A Team sounds good, I certainly did a little jig, I now feel so refreshed and ready for the next battle to outwit those devious relatives, UP and AT EM and onward.
Think I might sleep better tonight.
Thanks again David :):D;)

Gillian57
20-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Dave,

I don't know you, but I had to say how good it was to read your post. When you wrote 'and down tumbled that huge brick wall', that was such an apt description of that fantastic moment when everything pieces together that you've been searching for for ages. I too have had those moments and they're great. So pleased for you. And yes, Jan is brilliant and has helped me on numerous occasions too!

Gill

Tinker
28-03-2009, 2:06 PM
Those moments are what my son calls a 'Ker-ching!' moment, and boy, are they satisfying!! They make up in spades for all the dead-ends and cold trails we follow in pursuit of that tiny gem of info that we need.
(Loved the 'extra happy,' Ladkyis!)

bigdave
29-03-2009, 4:59 PM
Hi Tinker,
Yes it is very satisfying, I am still basking in the joy of it all, Ker-ching new word for me but sounds good.
Regards David