PDA

View Full Version : More Doggett's

Chris Bass
14-03-2009, 5:44 PM
I wonder if anyone can help sort my problem, due to a computer crash I lost some vital information and now have a problem checking some facts:-

I have William Doggett born 1650 Chesterton, Cambridge, son of Henry born 1624, also Chesterton, cambridge.

William married Susannah (born 1645 Chesterton, Cambridge) and had 4 children John, Susannah, William and Henry (all born in Chesterton, Cambridge) I have no marriage dates as yet.

William's son William (born Jan 30th 1675) married Ann Clayton (July 02 1700, Chesterton, Cambridge).

I have been sent a tree from another researcher, which I was checking against my own, and while most of the information agrees with mine She has William born 1645 not 1650, and I have another son Henry born 1645 which she does not have. I have tried to check my original information but cannot find it, so I was hoping someone could look up William, born 1650/1645 for me please.

Many thanks Chris

davidcarca
15-03-2009, 9:29 AM
Chesterton baptisms have been extracted onto the IGI, so are easily checked. William's son William is there, baptised, not born, on 30 Jan 1675, but the earliest Doggett baptism in Chesterton is 1670. There are no gaps in the parish register for this period, even during the Commonwealth years. Perhaps the earlier Doggetts weren't from Chesterton.

It strikes me that any detail before 1670 is speculative in the absence of a baptism. Possibly both you and the other researcher speculated on a birth 5 years apart.

David