PDA

View Full Version : National Archives Richmond

kernow
12-03-2009, 3:45 PM
Hello,
If possible, I am looking for a copy of records which relate to the trial of Frederick Yeo for the manslaughter of his wife Winnie Yeo, nee Mock. She died in 1929, so I assume he was tried in 1930. He was found not guilty at the Surrey Assizes. I know that the Assizes records are kept at the National Archives in Richmond, but since I am not able to visit, I wondered whether anyone knows if I can employ someone to do the search for me and get copy papers? I have had a look on their website, but I can't see that they offer a search facility.
Any ideas?
Kind regards
Lucy Yeo

Geoffers
12-03-2009, 5:13 PM
I know that the Assizes records are kept at the National Archives in Richmond, but since I am not able to visit, I wondered whether anyone knows if I can employ someone to do the search for me and get copy papers? I have had a look on their website, but I can't see that they offer a search facility.

From TNA's home page (http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/)move your cursor over 'research and learning'.

A drop down menu will appear, click on 'paying for research' click on the button by either The National Archives paid search service (can be expensive) - or - Independent researchers.

JennyP
12-03-2009, 5:14 PM
Hello,
If possible, I am looking for a copy of records which relate to the trial of Frederick Yeo for the manslaughter of his wife Winnie Yeo, nee Mock. She died in 1929, so I assume he was tried in 1930. He was found not guilty at the Surrey Assizes.

If it helps to tie down the date of the trial, I found an article about it in The Times Thursday, Dec 05, 1929 which says he was found not guilty at Guildford Assizes the previous day.

Jenny