PDA

View Full Version : Marsh family of Mountain Ash

Nannybabs
19-02-2005, 4:54 PM
I am researching the family of Jeremiah/James Marsh, born 1864 in Gillingham, Dorset.

He is recorded on the 1891 Census living with his mother Eliza, a widow, in Mountain Ash.
He married Eliza Cox, who was born 1869 in Charlton Musgrave, Somerset.

The 1901 Census has them living at 50 Napier Street, Mountain Ash with his wife and three children:-
Rosa A Marsh age 5
Kate M age 3
George E. age 2.

I cannot find a marriage for them anywhere and would appreciate any help or suggestions.

If anyone is also looking for this family I would be more than happy to help with any information I already have.

Regards

Barbara Marsh

topaz
20-02-2005, 8:42 AM
Hello Barbara,

hope this is the one you are looking for.

MARSH,James
COX, Eliza Ann
~Mar1893
Wincanton
Dorset/Somerset
5c 650

Caroline

Nannybabs
20-02-2005, 1:25 PM
Caroline,

Thanks very much for your help, I don't know why I missed the 'Wincanton' connection when I was trawling through the records.

It certainly looks as if they are the two I am seeking as both are originally from that area and their first child was born in 1895.

A request for a copy of the marriage certificate is now winging - if that is a suitable expression - it's way to the Wincanton Register Office.

James is the brother of my husbands grandfather, Lot, whose family lived in Cwm, Ebbw Vale. The family lost touch when Lot died in 1941 and like all families, there are not too many left who know the family history.

Many thanks again,

Barbara

bigbadbev
05-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Hi Barbara
I've been around the world on the web over the past week and just join this site because of your link with the marsh family.
We are related..... Kate Marsh was my Grandmother, James was My great grandfather and I have a photo of him and his daughter.
I am new to this, but I have names of living decendants of James marsh around the south wales area, I went to wincanton to see where Eliza and James got married and to see the area. My aunty remembers James and I'm sure I've got some information for you that would be of interest, I would love to hear from you.
Kind regards
Bev

Nannybabs
09-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Hello Bev,

Lovely to hear from you, I have only just read your posting. I would love to make contact.

Will you contact me direct on [email protected] and we can then swop details.

Look forward to hearing from you, where do you live?

Barbara