PDA

View Full Version : 1911 address for Corfe Mullen

dreward
03-03-2009, 1:23 PM
On the 1911 census, one of my past families was recorded living at COURT DAISY, Corfe Mullen.

Despite intensive search on Google, OS maps and using alternatives, I have been unable to find any thing resembling this supposed address. But I assume it to be a farm as the person concerned was dairyman

Can anyone help establish where this farm was?

My thanks

Dave

Geoffers
03-03-2009, 2:01 PM
On the 1911 census, one of my past families was recorded living at COURT DAISY, Corfe Mullen.

I don't suppose that actually might read 'Court Dairy' - as in the dairy attached to Court Farm?

Was this person(s) in Corfe Mullen in 1901?

dreward
03-03-2009, 3:57 PM
As I haven't downloaded the original, only the transcript, I can't be certain but the transcript definitely gives "Court Daisy" but obviously your answer could well be right.

In fact looking at the OS, I have now found a Court Farm, north of Corfe Mullin at the point where the A31/B3074, River Stour and old railway line ex Blandford all meet. I shall explore further.

The person concerned is supposed to have moved from Ilminster, where he was recorded in 1901, to Corfe Mullen about 1907.

Thanks for the tip.

Dave

Geoffers
03-03-2009, 4:09 PM
As I haven't downloaded the original, only the transcript, I can't be certain but the transcript definitely gives "Court Daisy" but obviously your answer could well be right.

With connections to a farm it would be an obvious transcription error. Downloading the original image would hopefully confirm things.

One other thought - from the transcription of who is living at this location, do any of them appear in a directory of the area such as may be purchased from The Parish Chest (http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/www.parishchest.com)or searched on the historical-directories web-site.

Of course it may turn out that your chap was squatting under a small farmyard flower?? ;)