PDA

View Full Version : A Marriage Look Up Please?

pierce-brosnan
02-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I have found a marriage on the BVRI & woundered if SKS would be able to look up the original entry for me please?

Robert LEWIS & Elizabeth PIPER
Marriage Date: 17 Jun 1827
Recorded in: Bromyard, Hereford, England

I would be extremely grateful for any help ~ thank you xXx

janbooth
03-03-2009, 11:03 AM
I can't look at the original record as that would mean a search of the parish registers, but I can confirm that the marriage took place between Robert LEWIS and Elizabeth PIPER on 17 June 1827 at Bromyard according to the Herefordshire FHS Marriage Index. In the "Notes" column is +Avenbury. Whether that means that Robert was from Avenbury I'm afraid I have no idea as there does not appear to be an explanation of what the notes mean on the disc. There are certainly a lot of PIPER baptisms, including an Elizabeth in 1807, at Bromyard according to Hugh Wallis's IGI site.

Janet

pierce-brosnan
03-03-2009, 6:06 PM
I can't look at the original record as that would mean a search of the parish registers, but I can confirm that the marriage took place between Robert LEWIS and Elizabeth PIPER on 17 June 1827 at Bromyard according to the Herefordshire FHS Marriage Index. In the "Notes" column is +Avenbury. Whether that means that Robert was from Avenbury I'm afraid I have no idea as there does not appear to be an explanation of what the notes mean on the disc. There are certainly a lot of PIPER baptisms, including an Elizabeth in 1807, at Bromyard according to Hugh Wallis's IGI site.

Janet

Thank you Janet, it must be the correct date then :)
What is Hugh Wallis's IGI please?

janbooth
05-03-2009, 11:40 AM
It is a list of extracted baptisms & marriages which Hugh Wallis has taken from the IGI and put under the appropriate parishes. It is not complete and is no longer being added to - I think I am correct in saying this - but it is still a valuable aid to us addicts. Web address is:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hughwallis/IGIBatchNumbers/CountryEngland.htm#PageTitle

Have a look and see what you think and whether it is helpful to you.

Janet

pierce-brosnan
05-03-2009, 12:00 PM
It is a list of extracted baptisms & marriages which Hugh Wallis has taken from the IGI and put under the appropriate parishes. It is not complete and is no longer being added to - I think I am correct in saying this - but it is still a valuable aid to us addicts. Web address is:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hughwallis/IGIBatchNumbers/CountryEngland.htm#PageTitle

Have a look and see what you think and whether it is helpful to you.

Janet Thank you Janet, I will have a look :D