PDA

View Full Version : Weale Family Tree

Scout
28-02-2009, 4:12 AM
Hi all I was wondering if anyone out there can help me. I am trying to get information on my G G G Grandfather William Weale born approx 1785. He married Jane Donovan DOB Approx 1788 on the 10/10/1808 at Kinsale Ireland. He died 3/12/1830 and she 17/8/1860 |banghead| Thanks

JNicLiam
01-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Kinsale is in County Cork so you may do better putting your message there.

Jill

Procat
01-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Hi Scout,

if you want the thread moved let us know. A Moderator can do it for you.

Scout
07-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Thanks Procat that would be great and thanks to the other person for that info

Procat
07-03-2009, 12:46 AM
Hi Scout,

Done. :)

Scout
07-03-2009, 3:48 AM
Thanks Procat bythe way you don"t look so fierce but your heart is made of gold

Procat
07-03-2009, 4:25 AM
You can blame Bo Peep for the tag line. It is one of the privileges of being Administrator. :)

Summer
29-03-2009, 5:00 AM
Hi Scout,
I'm just saying hi in case my hubbie's line meets up with yours!! He is a Lynch from Ballycotton, East Cork (east of Cork Harbour, Kinsale is west of) and his grandmother is a Donovan (nee Hegarty) still living in the Churchtown/Ballycotton area. It is a pretty common name in Cork, so there will most likely be no connection, but you never know!
Cheers,
Summer.

Scout
30-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Wow Summer thanks and I realise that you are probably right but thats the first hit I have got. Can you point me in the right direction as the info on Jane Donovan is all I have She was born about 1788 married William Weale 10/10/1808 in Kinsale Ireland and died 17/08/1860 in Corfu Greece. Any help would be great.
Thanks Heaps for your message
Scout
Australia|jumphappy

joliz3395
06-04-2009, 5:33 PM
My Grannys name was Elizabeth Weale and she was born on 17th June 1900 and she died on the 15th August 1959. She married Kenneth Mackay. They lived in Shurrey, near Thurso in Caithness, Scotland. She was orginally from some where in London, but we are not quite sure where :S We dont no if its the same Weale or not though. We would like to find out more if it is the same name.

Scout
07-04-2009, 12:56 AM
Sorry but I don,t think we have a connection. I can not find any of the info you gave me to match mine. Pitty though it would have been nice. I guess it's just another one for the brick wall |banghead| |banghead| |banghead|
Goodluck with your search
Scout

joliz3395
07-04-2009, 10:39 AM
I just found out today that my Great Grandfather Was called Willlaim Fred Weale. He worked at the railway and traveled around alot. :)

joliz3395
07-04-2009, 3:49 PM
Thats not how you spell Shurrey. I just found out its Shurrery and my granny was orginally from the borders of Wales.
Thanks, Sorry, i am only finding out from relations. I did not know my granny as she died when i was young and i am trying to trace my family tree also.

Summer
13-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Wow Summer thanks and I realise that you are probably right but thats the first hit I have got. Can you point me in the right direction as the info on Jane Donovan is all I have She was born about 1788 married William Weale 10/10/1808 in Kinsale Ireland and died 17/08/1860 in Corfu Greece. Any help would be great.
Thanks Heaps for your message
Scout
Australia|jumphappy

Hi Scout,
I think from your post that you have the marriage record of Jane and William? My suggestions (albeit amateur!!) would be to get as much official docs and piece the information together to paint your Weale picture.

Where have you gotten your current info from?

Was William British or born in Ireland? I wonder if he was in the army/navy (considering Jane ending up in Corfu)? That may also be something to pursue if his occupation is recorded anywhere. It may be worthwhile to see if Jane's birth is indexed on the Irish Family History Foundation collection. It's commercial, so I can't give the web address but if you google you will find. It's free to search the index, pay to view records.
Everyone stresses to me to work backwards and get proof, never making assumptions, so that's also the advice I'd pass on to you! Hard not to get excited when it looks "right", but harder still to undo mistakes!! The further I go back, the harder I'm finding the search when we're based in Oz. Good luck!