PDA

View Full Version : Denis Buckley - Limerick c.1839

VHickman
16-02-2005, 8:29 PM
I am searching for birth of Denis Buckley, born in Limerick c.1839, son of John Buckley. He emigrated to London before 1851 and married Mary Sullivan.
Anyone out there recognize him?

chuck
19-02-2005, 7:31 PM
I don't have a specific connection to Denis Buckley.
The Buckley's of Cork are thought to all be descendant's of a Shropshire Yeoman that fought for King William III at the Battle of the Boyne in 1690. After the Irish campaign he remained in Ireland, married an Irish girl and settled in County Cork.
My earliest ancestor with firm dates is Daniel Buckley born 27FEB1846 to James Buckley and Margaret Lynch at St. Finnebarr's Cathedral in Cork. I am looking for more details on James and Margaret.
I also stumbled across this on the web: CO. CORK BORN IRISH IN EAST LONDON - 1851 CENSUS BETHNAL GREEN - HO107/1539 - ROLLS 1-210
Thomas BUCKLEY Married 48 Blacksmith Born Cork Ireland
Mary (Wife) 48 Domestic Born Cork Ireland
( they had two other sons Thomas 22 Unmarried Blacksmith and what looks like Andrew Unmarried 16 Blacksmith - both born in Bethnal Green). This could be James brother or uncle. Do we connect?

phoenixerising
07-09-2006, 5:48 PM
hi my grandmother on my fathers side was margret buckley dont know any dates for her im afraid but she married michael burke and they had 15 children one of wich was my dad

i hope this helps
i think at a rough guess margret may have been born about 1915
but im only a guess as still strying to trace her
if i get any more info i will post on here