PDA

View Full Version : 1891 and 1901 Census Look Up Please

k_tillett
16-02-2005, 2:32 PM
I am looking for Frederick Foster in the 1891 and 1901 Census. Frederick was born in 1875 in Old Buckenham, Norfolk. His Father was Henry Foster and his Mother was Ellen Foster. Frederick married Charlotte Catlin. They then had a daughter Hilda Serenah Foster on 1st January 1907. I am trying to find out more information about Charlotte Catlin, but don't seem to be finding the family on the census', can anyone help.

Karen

Peter Goodey
16-02-2005, 2:52 PM
"Frederick married Charlotte Catlin."

When and where did they marry? What were the names of the fathers?

Jo Simpsons
16-02-2005, 2:58 PM
There is a Charlotte Catlyn on the 1901 census in Old Buckenham, age 22 and her father called George. If you give your email I will send on the census for you to check.

Also have a Frederick on census too
Jo

Geoffers
16-02-2005, 3:00 PM
I am looking for Frederick Foster in the 1891 and 1901 Census. Frederick was born in 1875 in Old Buckenham, Norfolk. His Father was Henry Foster and his Mother was Ellen Foster. I am trying to find out more information about Charlotte Catlin, but don't seem to be finding the family on the census', can anyone help.I see that in the 1881 census, Frederick's father was a shoemaker

The 1901 census is online at
http://www.1901census.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
Searching this for Foster in Old Buckenham comes up with:

FORSTER, Frederick, 27, bn Norwich, living Leicester formerly All Saints, a shoe laster

could this be the chap?

From the marriage certificate, how old was Charlotte when she married and what was her father's name and occupation?

As well as Ancestry's database, there is a surname index to the 1891 Norfolk census on Paddy Apling's website
http://apling.freeservers.com/CensusInfo.htm
limited lookups are offered by the indexers.

Geoffers
Charlbury, Oxfordshire

k_tillett
17-02-2005, 1:53 PM
That's the trouble I haven't found there marriage certficate yet, Im going to look at the registers again next week but I'm not sure when they got married but It must have been after 1901 because they weren't toghether in the 1901 Census. As soon as I get more information I will put it up.

Karen

Pam Downes
23-02-2005, 1:23 AM
hi could some one look up a Henrietta Josephine ROBERTS in the seaforth area of Liverpool age about 11/ 12 years old

thank you

Hi Robbo,

With census requests it's always best to start a new thread when you have a different name. Then you have your own individual heading, and people reply to your message, not one of half a dozen in the same thread.
Just go to the forum you want. Click on 'new thread' (left hand side of page, above the threads in forum banner).
Type in your heading, and then your message.
Make sure that everyone knows exactly who you're looking for, which area, which years, and without being as detailed as what they had for breakfast :) say what other info you have on the person(s).
For example in your heading I'd probably put 1831 Liverpool/Seaforth area ROBERTS look-up request please. (always write the surname in capitals so it's not confused with a place name)
And in the message 'please could someone look-up Henrietta Josephine ROBERTS in the 1831 census. She will probably be in the Seaforth area of Liverpool. In the 1841 census she was 21, so should be about 11/12 in 1831.'
Or 'I have her birth certificate. She was born in June 1819, so should be aged 11/12. Parents on the birth certificate are William and Mary'.
The nice thing about these forums is that if you find that you've made an error with a message you can edit it and correct a spelling mistake, re-phrase a sentence, or even like me one day because I realised what I'd written was just total rubbish delete the whole message :D

Hope you succeed in your quest.

Pam Downes