PDA

View Full Version : Adam Smith - c1821 Northants

babygirl101
18-02-2009, 11:38 AM
I've come across an Eliza & Adam Smith on the 1881 Census who have a daughter Resovy Eve (b. 1886, Calidcott, Rutland, although they appear to be 'static' I'm sure they must be connected to the travelling Smiths somehow. I was looking for Sesevoy/Resevoy at the time (d/o Robert & Evening Smith).

It might just be coincidence, but with such unusal names I feel sure there's a connection. Can anyone help please?

BG :)

busyglen
18-02-2009, 2:32 PM
Those are interesting names. :)

Not quite sure if this is of any help or not, but there is a family of Smith on the 1901 Census in Lincolnshire. RG13/3063 Folio 15, page 11 living in 4 Newport Square, Lincoln

Head, Uriah Smith, 55, Labourer, b. Lincs. Market ?
Wife, Evening Smith, 51 b. Lincs. Kettleby?
Daur, Georginia, 23, b. Lincoln,
Daur, Mandolin, 10, b. Lincoln.
Daur, Evening, 7, b. Derby

Can't quite see any connection with Adam Smith, although I have done a bit of searching. If anything else turns up will let you know.

Good luck.

Glenys

babygirl101
18-02-2009, 4:16 PM
Yes, I do know about that family and they're connected to 'my' Robert & Evening, but I can't seem to make a connection with this one, as yet, but as I say, I'm sure there is one somewhere, it's just taking some finding.

Rob & Eve had a daughter, on IGI she's Sesevoy, but then after 1841 Census she disappears, that's why I'm wondering if she became Resevoy (or a variation), now if she married and had children did the name get used again in a later generation, I wonder?

Many thanks Glenys

BG :)