PDA

View Full Version : photo as a postcard

Carrie Meerten
15-02-2005, 1:19 AM
i was given this photo of my grandfather, which one he is i do not know, neither does anyone else.

as there is a large group of men, i thought i would post it on this site to see if anyone else might recognise one of their relatives.

apparantly taken during or around ww2.

Carrie Meerten
15-02-2005, 1:38 AM
sorry, cant add photo. having problems

ChristineR
15-02-2005, 2:15 AM
Have you check the Picture Australia website?

http://www.pictureaustralia.org/

(They access the databases of the war memorial site as well as heaps of other archive places) If it is an official war picture there could be a copy with a listing of names. You could use the surname of your grandfather as the keyword.

Christine Randall
Australia

Carrie Meerten
15-02-2005, 2:30 AM
it is an enlgish photo !!! probably wouldnt recognise in the australian site.

Have you check the Picture Australia website?

http://www.pictureaustralia.org/

(They access the databases of the war memorial site as well as heaps of other archive places) If it is an official war picture there could be a copy with a listing of names. You could use the surname of your grandfather as the keyword.

Christine Randall
Australia

Mrs. Davies
04-04-2005, 3:36 AM
My Meerten family is from England - Perhaps if you sent me the photo I could tell which one is a Meerten. (These English Meerten families came from Holland and Guyana). I have been doing research for 10 years and would be happy to help you out. My grandfather was in the First World War and I have pictures of him. [email protected] (from Kingston, Ontario, Canada)

Carrie Meerten
08-04-2005, 11:30 PM
My Meerten family is from England - Perhaps if you sent me the photo I could tell which one is a Meerten. (These English Meerten families came from Holland and Guyana). I have been doing research for 10 years and would be happy to help you out. My grandfather was in the First World War and I have pictures of him. [email protected] (from Kingston, Ontario, Canada)the postcard photo is actually of one of my fathers side (my maiden name) - a MILLER.