PDA

View Full Version : how do I put an old photo on thread

Jan Bednarz
15-02-2009, 1:48 AM
I would like to post a photo, I am hoping somebody maybe able to help me find out who the people and where it was taken. It is an old family photo but I don't know who the men are or where it was taken.
Jan

sueannbowen
31-07-2009, 4:39 PM
I cannot attach a PDS of a will that I needed some help with. I read the FAQ honestly but don't have a 'manage attachments' button on my composing page. the Photobucket thing doesn't work for PDS files.

Ta v m for advice:)

Procat
01-08-2009, 1:45 AM
Hi sueannbowen,

Can you save it as a jpeg file? This will then work for photobucket.

Peter Goodey
01-08-2009, 7:26 AM
the Photobucket thing doesn't work for PDS files.

PDF presumably you mean. Have you got somewhere else you can put it?

aquiss
01-08-2009, 7:52 AM
I think sueann means .PSD, as in Photoshop format.

If so, from Photoshop, to export to jpeg, go to the File Menu -> Save As -> Select .jpeg format.

Peter Goodey
01-08-2009, 8:02 AM
I think sueann means .PSD, as in Photoshop format.

I think she means PDF, because that's the way PCC wills are supplied.

sueannbowen
01-08-2009, 8:07 AM
She does mean PDS and she is also seemingly losing her one remaining marble.

thanks all I will try to save it as a JPEG.

sueannbowen
01-08-2009, 8:27 AM
Have you got somewhere else you can put it?

PDF it is and it won't let me save it as anything else. I tried to open it with Photoshop Elements but it won't have that either. So Peter in answer to your question about where to put it - in the bin I think!

aquiss
01-08-2009, 8:38 AM
There are a number of ways to do it ;)

http://www.print-driver.com/howto/convert_pdf_to_jpeg.html

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=covert+.pdf+into+jpeg&meta=

sueannbowen
01-08-2009, 9:23 AM
Thanks - downloading as I type (well, I'm not my other half is) as I don't seem to have my brain in this morning!

S:confused:

Procat
01-08-2009, 9:25 AM
PDF it is and it won't let me save it as anything else. I tried to open it with Photoshop Elements but it won't have that either. So Peter in answer to your question about where to put it - in the bin I think!

Hi,

You can copy it to clipboard (In Adobe edit/copy file to clipboard). In Photoshop Select File/new then paste it when the editor opens.

sueannbowen
01-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Thanks to all for your help with this. I converted to a JPEG, put it on Photobucket and have now added it to a post in Wills. Not sure if it has worked though:)