PDA

View Full Version : raf

manumercer
05-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Hi would anyone have any info about the 153 squadron ithink i had a relative his name was John bracken coffey. reguards gary

Jan1954
05-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Hi Gary,

You may find this history of the 153 squadron (http://www.raf.mod.uk/history_old/h153.html) of background interest.

Lesley Robertson
05-02-2009, 2:31 PM
Hi would anyone have any info about the 153 squadron ithink i had a relative his name was John bracken coffey. reguards gary

Would this be Flt Sgt J.B. Coffey, RAFVR (volunteer reserve), died 5 Apr 1945 aged 27, son of John & Lily C., husband of Edith Sybil C., of Dungannon, Co Tyrone, N.Ireland? He's in the CWGC database and on the Runnymede memorial.

He was in Lancaster NX563, a "Gardening" operation. It is believed that it was shot down over the Kattegut. This was the crew: FLt A.J.Winder , Sgt G.E.Thomas, FO L.C.Turner FO E.O.Griffith FSgt J.B.Coffey, FO A.S.Blake, Sgt I.A.Birrell.

Lesley

manumercer
06-02-2009, 8:40 AM
Hi lesley not sure if that coffey is related, but in they are from co fermanagh mainly flourance court. The one iam looking John bracken coffey was a wireless operator i think they were shot down but never found. He also had a brother bill coffey who was in the navy,iam wondering is there any conection with the one uve found thankyou for that must look into that. Kind Reguards Gary Mercer.