PDA

View Full Version : Surname Interests in Ottawa, Ontario

Mutley
03-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Kathleen Weaver (married name) born 1925 in London
Died in Canada.

Daughters born England married in Canada to
Wiltshire and Thebeau.

I have all the English records but very little Canadian information.

Information regarding living persons should be sent by PM.

Mary Anne
04-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Mutley!

Here answering you from frosty Ottawa -- currently minus 22 degrees with a windchill that makes it feel like minus 32!!!!! |banghead|

I will be at the Archives next week (provided our bus strike is really over) and could look up some telephone directories for you. But would need some additional information....(which you can PM me)...

Timeframes?

Kathleen Weaver - any idea of her husband's first name/initials?

Wiltshire and Thebeau -- any idea of first names/initials? - esp of husbands, since I suspect this is what will be in the directories.

ANY other info?

Mary Anne

Mutley
07-02-2009, 6:47 PM
So Sorry, Mary Anne.
For some reason I missed your reply, thank you and also for the PM nudge.

Another member has kindly been trying to help and she has been unable to find my Aunty Kit but she did PM last night and wondered if I have mistaken Ottawa for Oshawa. |oopsredfa Probably!!!

So I am not sure if you can still help. She has died so I can post her information just in case.

Kathleen was born in London in 1925.
She married a Donald Weaver in Cambridge, UK about 1941/2.
He died around about 1953 and she emigrated to Canada with her three daughters in the early 1960's on the assisted passage scheme.
She did not remarry and died between 1983/4 and 1994 which is when I lost touch with my cousins.

I have been given a box of items that belonged to my dad and in there is a man's signet ring with the initials DW. I think it must have been Don's ring and I would love to return it to one of his daughters.

I will PM with the daughters names.

Thanks again.

Mutley
11-02-2009, 11:36 PM
SUCCESS|jumphappy
Thank you Mary Anne and Susan-y.

It was Oshawa! and my cousin has been found. I have just spoken to her for the first time in over 40 years.

A very emotional telephone call. The ring, her father's, will be on it's way to Canada this week. My cousin has nothing except a few photos of her dad. She cannot quite believe this has happened and neither can I.

My cousin asked me to also say thank you to the very nice lady that rang her last night just to check that she knew a 'Mutley' :) You made her day.

So...... Thanks Sue |hug|

I find it just amazing how good the members of this forum are, how willing and how helpful and how lucky we are, that there are so many prepared to give up their time to assist fellow members.

I for one, will be eternally grateful.

susan-y
12-02-2009, 12:03 AM
|blush|
You are more than welcome..... as you know, I am almost as excited as you are |jumphappy

|hug|

Sue

PS... Now I have your cousin's phone number I can fill her in on the "real" "Mutley" |laugh1||laugh1| Just joking................

v.wells
12-02-2009, 1:48 AM
Wonderful news Mutley! Such good fortune for you in finding your cousin.|hug| You deserve it too as you give of yourself so freely to help others. I am really happy for you :D

And Susan-y deserves a round of applause - there's no clapping smiley so will this do|angel| ?

Waitabit
12-02-2009, 8:29 AM
Yeeaaaah Sue. |hug|

Jan1954
12-02-2009, 5:28 PM
Wonderful news, Mutley, me ol' mate. I am chuffed to little mintballs for you! |jumphappy

greann
13-02-2009, 2:05 AM
Mutley,
How excited you must been, making that call.............. I myself have found my cousin in england after only meeting her once. Also 40 years ago, and she has come to Canada twice now to see me!!!!! i hope you get the chance to see your's again.
Ann