PDA

View Full Version : knowlhill.reading.berkshire

iverlady
01-02-2009, 9:30 AM
does anyone have any old photographs of knowlhill school, warners brickworks or the terrace, photos wanted for school reunion and famiy history?
many thanks for reading this request
sue

Jan1954
01-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Hello Sue,

Knowhill School has its own website (google Knowhill School, Reading) with loads of current photographs. Try contacting them as they may also have older ones in their archives. :)

iverlady
01-02-2009, 3:53 PM
many thanks for the reply, i was looking for some older photographs though and knowlhill have no archive at the moment, i do know that someone is working very hard at trying to establish one.
if anyone can help please do.

many thanks
sue

Beebee
01-02-2009, 4:05 PM
I had ancestors that were head teachers at Knowl Hill and am desperately trying to get information on it too.

iverlady
01-02-2009, 8:25 PM
beebee
a school reunion for knowlhill is being held on the 28th feb, the organiser has gathered register records ect from berkshire records office, may be of interest to you.
sue

Beebee
01-02-2009, 9:32 PM
iverlady
I would be very interested in those records, I'll pm maybe we can arrange something. :)

Geoffers
01-02-2009, 10:36 PM
does anyone have any old photographs of knowlhill school, warners brickworks or the terrace, photos wanted for school reunion and famiy history?

I don't, but local newspapers often have collections of old photos of areas and this is the sort of story that might get printed with an appeal for photos?