PDA

View Full Version : Assistance with FTM 2008 please

Fidgetsmum
22-01-2009, 6:00 AM
I asked recently for 'thoughts' on new software thinking it would be something I could take my time over choosing, however, within hours of that request and the many helpful replies, my laptop died and a new one had to be purchased. The 'man' in the shop kindly ensured it runs XP and transferred all my files onto the new machine but of course this meant re-installing all the software however, sadly, I can no longer find the FTM 2005 disc.

Not able to buy FTM 2005 anymore I was delighted when my lovely husband, bless him, surprised me with a copy of FTM 2008. I've imported all the existing information and everything is fine except ...

When I attempt to print a chart I no longer seem to have the option to including siblings of primary or indeed any other individual. Granted the 'help' file says not all options are available for all charts, but the inclusion of siblings just doesn't seem to be there.

Is it me? Quite probably, but what am I doing wrong?

ellie_downunder
22-01-2009, 6:12 AM
Hi, I don't have 2008, I am a little behind the times I have 2005,
Have you tried going to contents and individuals to include / Generations to add
it might work, then again not having that exact program I might be wrong.
Cheers Ellie

Mary Anne
22-01-2009, 2:15 PM
Fidgetsmum

I have lost track now, but I think the 2008 version was the one that did non (yet) have the full charts function.

Google "Family Tree Maker Forums" and see if you can find a forum with some advice on this. You may have to upgrade to 2009 version.

Mary Anne

Fidgetsmum
23-01-2009, 8:45 AM
Thank you both.

I've hunted through all the nooks and crannies of the program, googled 'til I'm blue in the face, found so many so-called updates, missing bits and general moans about this (and the 2009 version) that I've come to the conclusion the best thing to do is uninstal it and drop it in the first rubbish bin I pass.

I've ordered another program through that well-known internet mail order company (synonymous with a river in South America), which I shall use but I shall be leaving my husband in blissful ignorance.