PDA

View Full Version : DAVISON, Swanton Abbott, HOOK

sheilaT
10-02-2005, 9:24 AM
Can anyone provide any confirmation of the birth of Thomas DAVISON, probably at Swanton Abbott about 1815, probably son of Robert DAVISON and Susanna.

Also I am trying to trace the birth and family of his wife, Ann HOOK whom he married in 18312 at Smallburgh.

Anyone who cn look up these in Parish Records will be a great help, as I live abroad and cannot visit record office.

Sheila Thompson

Geoffers
10-02-2005, 3:17 PM
Can anyone provide any confirmation of the birth of Thomas DAVISON, probably at Swanton Abbott about 1815, probably son of Robert DAVISON and Susanna. Also I am trying to trace the birth and family of his wife, Ann HOOK whom he married in 18312 at Smallburgh.
Part 1 of 2

There was a Hundred house at Smallburgh - I would guess that bride, groom or both had been living there, hence the marriage in 1832 in that parish.

The 1851 census suggests that both Thomas + Ann were born in Swanton Abbott. I see that Thomas was in the clink in Norwich in 1851

HO107/1810 f495 p11
Swanton Hill, Swanton Abbott
Ann DAVISON, Lodg(Head), Mar, 35, Pauper Husband in Prison, bn Swanton Abbotts
Martha DAVISON, LdgD, Unm, 8, Scholar, bn Swanton Abbotts
Robert DAVISON, LdgS, Unm, 4, bn Swanton Abbotts
Rachel DAVISON, LdgD, Unm, 2, bn Swanton Abbotts

There are no references to the name Hook in Smallburgh, apart from the marriage and a burial in 1790.

continued......

Geoffers
10-02-2005, 3:29 PM
part 2 of 2

I have the ATs for Swanton - but I'm afraid that they only extend up to 1811/12 on fiches, so don't include the baptism of Thomas. However, there is the following entry which at least gives the maiden name of Susanna DAVISON:

"Amy DAVISON daughter of Rober DAVISON and Susanna his wife (late WRIGHT) was born 27 Octr 1811 and privately baptised Novr 3d 1811"

There is a previous marriage recorded:

No.132
Robert DAVISON, otp, sm, sig
Susanna WRIGHT, of Skeyton, sw, X
married in church by banns 29th Nov 1803
wit: Wm HOWARD, X - Saml FISHER, sig.
(Saml Fisher witnessed several marriages and was probably the churchwarden)

Geoffers