PDA

View Full Version : More Rellies Success!

v.wells
13-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Between Christmas and New Year's I used the last of my Christmas cards and sent it to a person that I was positive (thru much research) was my father's brother's child. Contact with my uncle and his wife was ended on my uncles' death, so we never knew anything about them.

Anyway I was right in my efforts and got an email today from one of my cousins husbands to say that a letter was on its way to me. My letter had been photocopied and sent to the other sisters (there are 3 altogether) and they were thrilled to hear from me.

I was so over the moon while I was reading the email that I phoned my sis in Hereford and told her. She is finally getting excited about all the success I have had so far.

I am still waiting to hear from a person whom I think belongs to "the" CB Beardsworth, but maybe my new-found 1st cousins will know something about them or have info on another one of my uncles that I am looking for!
|jumphappy|jumphappy

I feel silly to be so pumped about this, but I have worked very hard to find them. I had been able to confirm things thru electoral rolls and the telephone directory before mailing my Christmas card. It is a great start to the New Year!:D

Astoria
13-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Gosh Vanessa, what a great week you are having, long may it continue. :)

Not the week the luck.

Waitabit
14-01-2009, 2:01 AM
Many happy relations, Vanessa. |biggrin|

susan-y
14-01-2009, 2:23 AM
|woohoo||woohoo||woohoo|

We are soon going to run out of |woohoo|'s to give you.

That is great news.... and you are having warmer weather also.:D

Good for you for using that shovel for something good.

Sue

v.wells
14-01-2009, 3:18 PM
Thank you for the |woohoo|. I hope other forum members have those moments soon too!:D It's a good feeling to find success after all the work we put into finding the living. (It sure makes a change from trawling death indexes!)

The warmer weather has come with lots of snow so I will be out shoveling a few times today to keep the walks clear for the postie!:D

Davran
14-01-2009, 4:41 PM
That's fantastic, Vanessa! Well done! ...... would you like to start on my lot, now? :D

v.wells
14-01-2009, 6:17 PM
No thank you Davran! :) I have enough to do and I have been avoiding the 1911 census 'cause I still haven't made up my list of who I "need" to find yet :D (I've been shoveling snow!)

brendaponting
14-01-2009, 7:16 PM
Wat To Go Vanessa, Feels great doesnt it?

v.wells
18-01-2009, 4:22 PM
Well, I am so excited I feel sick! I not only had an email and a letter from my cousins in Sussex, but my contact re the Beardsworth's came up trumps and I now have details on how to contact them - they're in Portugal!. Just sick with excitement!!

This has given me the final push to locate my other cousins the youngest would be 80 this year so I better get a move on.:D

I told my sister yesterday that I wished I hadn't spent so much time going back so far and then working my way forward - I should have started with my dad's family sooner then they wouldn't be so much older (I have to be respectful now):D

Keep digging everyone - you'll find the bottom of the hole eventually:D

susan-y
18-01-2009, 6:07 PM
Well, I am so excited I feel sick! :D

||woohoo||shocked||shocked||woohoo|

You'll know what it means...!!!!!!!!!!!!!! |hug|

Sue