PDA

View Full Version : Found cousins

brendaponting
13-01-2009, 4:06 PM
I was recently researching my RILEY tree,( my great grandmothers family) I googles RILEY family trr, and up pops this website with a tree included, I started browsing the tree and could not belive my eyes, every single one of my Riley ancestors were on it,including my great grandmother and her brothers, the info stop there however. I quickly look for a contact address and sent off an email to the tree holder, explained why I was writing,and within 24 hours I had a reply,he gave me the email of his uncle who was the one that compiled all the info I then wrote to him, and he replied, he was just as excited as i was,( we are 4th cousins) I sent him off the rest off the tree members from my grandmother down and he sent me some wonderful pictures of Lob Common ,which is where my ancestors lived in 1841, as well as some great census images. With his permission I am proud to say that my cousin is Dr Presenter , david Riley, who has done many voice overs, television ,commerials and documentaries ( In search of the Holy Grail ) for both History and Biography Channels.

Marie C..
13-01-2009, 4:48 PM
You must be feeling delighted. It is so nice when something like that happens and all the pieces fall in place.Marie

Astoria
13-01-2009, 5:56 PM
Finding a relative is good enough, but finding an interesting one really is icing on the cake.

Congratulations |jumphappy