PDA

View Full Version : beddoe family

Davo
10-01-2009, 9:57 AM
I have over 1400 listed on spreadsheets and word, details pulled from many sources.
Some 200 + from Pembrokeshire have been gedcomed but most I have been unable to connect as I am living in Yorkshire
I am willing to help others and would appreciate same
My family came from Fishguard/Nevern area though my research covers most of Wales and London
William-John-David-David-dad-me

regards

davo

lyncie
31-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Hi
my ancestor was Gwenllian Beddoe b. 1839 in Pontypool area father William Beddoe mother Eliza formerly Cook. Are we related? Gwenllian later settled in Yorkshire/Durham area.
Lynn

GayeA
12-04-2013, 6:58 PM
Hi Davo,

I too have Beddoes from Pembrokeshire on my father's side, with more recent generations living in Surrey. My lines came from St Issells/Saundesfoot, Penally, Manorbier as well as villages from that area and I can pretty much join those Beddoes up as descendants of the many sons of Francis Beddoe (1773 - 1846) and Dorothy Cadwallader. Francis's parents were Thomas Beddoe who died a pauper in Manorbier in 1781 and Mary Gwyther, but that is as far back as I can go.

There are also other Pembs Beddoe lines, one based in and around in and around Narberth, one in Redberth (which I feel sure is connected to mine but lack other than circumstantial evidence) one in Carew and so on. I have looked at the Fishguard/Nevern families but have found no link to mine and because those families tended to put themselves down as Welsh speaking in one of the censuses whereas mine put down English speaking, I thought they were probably different families, but who knows. You probably have most of these Beddoes in you research but let me know if you would like any information from my lines.

regards

GayeA