PDA

View Full Version : Agnes McDonald Jackson

burmat
07-01-2009, 8:40 AM
Looking for the progenitors of Agnes McDonald Jackson of Renfrew. She had a cerification in marine engineering during WWII from the University of Glasgow.

Lesley Robertson
07-01-2009, 8:56 AM
Looking for the progenitors of Agnes McDonald Jackson of Renfrew. She had a cerification in marine engineering during WWII from the University of Glasgow.

Congratulations on being first!
However, I'm gpoing to add a bit of extra info you your title to try and attract attention.
You have any idea when she was born (even +/- a year or two) - those aren't the rarest of names. Did she marry? Who?
The easiest way to track post-census people is BMDs, especially as scottish ones are fairly informative.
Another option might be to see whether Glasgow has an Alumni organisation - they'd be the most likely people to have lists of graduated.

Lesley

ChristineR
07-01-2009, 11:49 AM
I'll be a spoil sport :o The other threads are over 45 days ago, there are a couple of pages in fact, they do not show up in the default "Show threads" setting. :)

burmat
27-04-2010, 8:22 PM
What is a BMD?

Jan1954
27-04-2010, 8:32 PM
Births, Marriages and Deaths - the certificates, thereof. :wink5:

grisel
28-04-2010, 9:50 AM
I see your post is from a while back so I guess you may already have this information.

There are no births on Scotland's People for an Agnes McDonald Jackson but 66 births of around the right time for an Agnes Jackson. None Renfrew. One marriage for an Agnes McDonald Jackson in Renfrew in 1968. Possibly a second marriage given the date (if it is her)? If you haven't already done so then you need to check this marriage cert which would give her parents and also maiden name if previously married - or eliminate this Agnes altogether if not her.

grisel
03-05-2010, 5:09 PM
Thanks for your message.

Following from that Do you have Agnes's husband's name? If you have that we can maybe find their marriage which should give us her parents' names.

burmat
09-05-2010, 11:59 PM
Emigrated after graduation. Married Louis L. Ford in Ohio. First child A**** M Ford born ****** in Masilon Ohio. Eventually Louis became a Barber and they lived at 508 Columbia St. in Belleville Michigan.

AdeleE
10-05-2010, 12:39 AM
I have removed the birthdate and full name of the child of Agnes & Louis L Ford, as this person may still be living. Are Agnes & Louis L Ford deceased?

grisel
10-05-2010, 8:04 AM
Hi again

I have spotted a birth possibly connected and will send you a PM.

burmat
10-05-2010, 3:39 PM
All those mentioned so far have passed away.