PDA

View Full Version : 1911 census giving new leads for the new year

R A KING
02-01-2009, 3:07 PM
:)

Following some-one on this forum saying about the 1911 census - I thought I would give it a try.

I managed to find my husbands father living with his parents Edith & Alfred Charles King and they were living with her parents William and Caroline Kybert. Also found William Kybert's father - now widower
William Kybert snr had three of his married daugthers living there - two with husbands and one a widow living with him .
I found his mother and that she had brothers and sister that we did not know about. This also confirmed her place of birth of her mother Elizabeth Randall nee Styles as Brentwood. The 1901 census had just said London.
looking at 1911 census I wondered what had happened to Elizabeth Randall's mother Jane Styles as she had been living with her in 1891 but not in 1901. Looked for death and did not find entry so looked again at 1901 census and found her as a visitor with Jane Hill - I thought I had seen this name before and she was living next to Elizabeth Randall in 1891 but seperate household - looked for marriage Jane Styles to Hill and found one it is Elizabeth's sister. I decided to check for Jane Styles in 1881 and found her living with Emily Bruce in Aldershot in military accommodation. It states she is niece of Emily- looked for marriage and found marriage for Emily Styles to John A Bruce.
Need to order some certificates to verify all these facts - but promising start to the New year.
I also found my own parents on 1911 census as and my great aunt Caroline living next door to my grandparents and my mother.

so thanks again for discussing the 1911 census as I did not think it would be available for another two years. Happy New Year to everybody and good luck with your research

Astoria
02-01-2009, 3:20 PM
Congratulations, I am considering a delve into 1911, can I ask which route you used, I am a little confused with the various subscriptions and pay per view options.

susanx123
02-01-2009, 4:18 PM
Sorry I think you are too late.
I believe other posts on the forum say the trial closed on 31st Dec.

I was asked to beta test the site via a email I believe from FMP and I think you could only use the site if you were invited.

Susanx123

Astoria
02-01-2009, 4:20 PM
Serves me right for procrastinating, and explains why I can't now seem to find a way in. Thanks for the reply.

R A KING
02-01-2009, 5:18 PM
Sorry I think you are too late.
I believe other posts on the forum say the trial closed on 31st Dec.

I was asked to beta test the site via a email I believe from FMP and I think you could only use the site if you were invited.

Susanx123

Yes you are correct the site is now closed. I would have only known about it through this site. I went through by googling 1911 census - luckily for me the people I wanted were in London as London was one of the counties trialled.
I found the site to be good and the census returns clear although it did not actually have the census reference on the printout -which is something I like to make a note of. Hopefully for those who missed it this time they won't have too long to wait.

Ladkyis
02-01-2009, 6:47 PM
Astoria, it is due to be released in 2009 and I think it won't be too long before they start rolling it out.
As I read the information they will be putting a few counties up - in the order they were enumerated so starting with London and working outwards - at a time so that there won't be a huge rush like the one that overwhelmed the servers for the 1901.
At first it will be by units only so you will have to buy them through the site even if you have a subscription to FMP and after a certain time the data will be added to the subscription packages.

benny1982
02-01-2009, 8:05 PM
Hi

It has not yet been stated exactly when this year the full census will be released but I hope it is very soon.

Ben

MythicalMarian
02-01-2009, 8:54 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but in a way I am dreading the 1911! I have committed myself to tracing all the descendants of one of my 5xgreat grandfathers, and I just know that Stockport, Cheadle, Heaton Norris and Hazel Grove are going to explode yet again as another decade has gone by and lots more little children have been born. And that's just the one surname.

On the other hand, I can't wait - it's one more decade closer to finding living rellies who may be able to help with missing info. I do know I'll be very busy... But I think I will have to be sensible and just do one family at a time until the 1911 becomes old hat like the 1901 and we can delve into it at no extra cost to our subscription to whatever site we use. I've deliberately stayed away from the trials (I do have one line in London), as I need to prepare myself with lots of calm, meditation and coffee.

Barnzzz
02-01-2009, 11:10 PM
I can't wait to find out what happened to so many people. I think I've got carried away with tracing everyone I've ever come accross who interested me in the slightest way. They may well only be related by a distant cousin marrying someone, who married someone else. It doesn't matter, I'm still interested and want to know about them.

Sue