PDA

View Full Version : William COOPER and Jane TEWKSBURY

Patchesnpickles
02-01-2009, 6:47 AM
Hello!
William Cooper and Jane Tewksbury were married 1 Nov 1825 in Wootton, Isle of Wight. They had ten children (that I know of), and both died in Wootton. William died in 1869, and Jane died in 1858. However, I have been unable to find anything about the parents of either one.
Census records tell me that William Cooper was born in 1799 in Arreton, and Jane Tewksbury was born in 1800 in Wootton. She may be the daughter of Richard Tewksbury and Ann Williams, but I have found no real evidence to confirm this.
I have checked FamilySearch, and BMD doesn't go back that far. I have checked the Wootton and Arreton parish records on microfilm, but found nothing.
Any ideas?

racing girl
02-01-2009, 5:34 PM
Hello Patchesnpickles
Have you tried the Isle of Wight Family History Society (http://www.isle-of-wight-fhs.co.uk/)? They have a list of pedigree indexes (on the side bar on the left) to trees that they hold and they list Cooper but not Tewkesbury. They will email the tree to you if you give them enough info to prove that you are related to that line, they were very helpful and sent me a tree for a family. I doubt if they're able to painstakingly check every entry on every tree they're given, but it's still worth persuing.

Brenda

Patchesnpickles
02-01-2009, 5:53 PM
Thanks Brenda! I'll check it out right away.