PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Smith

revdfg
07-02-2005, 3:47 PM
I can find on IGI a marriage of William Money (born roughly 1805 in Burton Coggles, Lincolnshire) to Elizabeth Smith (born about 1808 but where?). The marriage was at St Andrew with St Mary, North Stoke w South Stoke, Lincolnshire on 7th Dec 1829. William is recorded as widower in the 1871 census and living in Burton Coggles.

Can anyone with census or parish data earlier than 1871 find the place and date of birth of Elizabeth Money (nee Smith) so that I can explore that Smith branch further?

Pam Downes
08-02-2005, 2:55 AM
I can confirm that the submitted details on the IGI entry are correct, insofar as they agree with the entry on the Lincs FHS Marriage Index for Beltisloe deanery, though the church is entered as Stoke Rochford. Lincoln Archives also list the church as Stoke Rochford (don't know why). Entries also found under S. R. on LDS library site but with a note saying something like 'now known as South Stoke'.
There's a William Money on the IGI baptised in 1807 in North Witham, which is not a million miles away from Burton C and Stoke.
FreeBMD has death for an Elizabeth Money in Grantham reg district in Dec quarter 1855 which might be relevant as Burton C is in Grantham RD.
As most IGI entries extracted from church records are from BTs I think that I would tend to haunt Worcester LDS FHC for the next few months by ordering the actual PRs for Burton C and Stoke, possibly a few more local churches, and the census. The danger with that area is that you are very near the Leicester, Rutland and Nottinghamshire borders - with Northants only a few more miles.
(Alternatively, haunt Lincoln Archives for a couple of days. )
There's a marriage in 1790 in BC of Robert Money and Sarah Boyer and in 1799, North Witham there's Francis Money and Elizabeth Fowler. Too many Smiths in the area to hazard a guess. Info again from Beltisloe deanery Marriage Index published by Lincs FHS.

Pam Downes

Pam Downes
09-02-2005, 12:21 AM
Lincs FHS have also published lots of burial indexes including Burton Coggles and Stoke Rochford 1813 - 1900
on Beltisloe Deanery part 1.
Elizabeth Money buried 24 Aug 1869 Burton Coggles aged 62.
Only possible relevant entry.
Other parishes indexed are
Bssingthorpe, Bitchfield, Boothby Pagnell, Colsterworth, Ingoldsby, Lenton, Ropsley, Sapperton, Skillington, Somerby by Grantham, Stoke Rochford, Swayfield, Swinstead. (So you now know where not to look for William's burial!)
There are two other Elizabeths, both buried in Swinstead, one in 1829 and one in 1886, but neither of those fit with that entry on FreeBMD.

Pam Downes

revdfg
09-02-2005, 4:04 PM
"Elizabeth Money buried 24 Aug 1869 Burton Coggles aged 62."

I have an Elizabeth Money baptised in Burton Coggles 26 Nov 1800 - sufficiently different to make her a different arm of the family. But akll clues help. Thanks.