PDA

View Full Version : William CLARE in Warrington and Grappenhall

BarryCLARE
06-02-2005, 4:49 PM
I am looking for the BIRTH/Baptism,and PARENTS;of William CLARE,born about 1766-71 in the vicinity of Warrington/Grappenhall,possibly DARESBURY.

I have proved his marriage 18th July 1797 at St Elphins Warrington to ELLEN TAYLOR also of St Elphins,by banns,so no parents information.

I also have proved the Baptism of their son Thomas at St Wilfrids Grappenhall on 24th April 1798,when William CLARE,father is listed as a "Tailor"of Grappenhall.

PARENTS? I have a good likliehood of William being the 4th child baptised 27 OCT 1771;of:ISAAC CLARE abt 1744 and MARY JONES,married 22 NOV 1764 at All Saints DARESBURY.This was a family with 12 children,who must have had property,there is full listing on IGI of them - so these have been searched before - ARE THEY YOURS?
I would appreciate any help from anybody with access to the Daresbury Records to check the baptism/parentage of ISAAC CLARE abt 1744.
I would also like to find out birth and death of William CLARE detailed above,please help me if you can!BarryCLARE

billbrowne127
16-05-2006, 12:58 PM
I am also researching the Clare family with possibly common links. My gf was Arthur b 1883, married to Emma Buckley and the son of William & Esther Collins who were married in 1846. Williams father was also William b 1827 & married to Eliza Bird in 1848. His father was again William b 1799 who married Ellen Fairhurst in 1821. This Williams father may have been William (b 1774 and married to Ellen Taylor at St. Elphins in 1797) who was either the son of Issac (married to either Mary Jones in 1764 or Sarah Lawton in 1756 in Daresbury) or William (married to either Betty Barnes in 1778 or William - b 1750 married to Isabel). It is interesting that both Isaacs (or were they the same one; married twice?) had sons called Thomas, Peter & John born/christened during the 1770's. It is also interesting that William (b 1799) was a master mariner and that his son William (b 1827) lived with Thomas (also a mariner) & Peter in 1851. Both Peter & Thomas were probably related to this family and one of these may have been the father or uncle of William (b1799). They were almost certainly the sons of Isaac. All the Clares in question lived around the Bishops Wharf, Scotland Rd., Bridge St., Cockedge area throughout the 1880's. But where did Isaac come from and who was the father of William who married Isabel around 1770? The Ellis Clare branch of the family may have also been connected in the early 1700's.