PDA

View Full Version : Latymer grammar school records 1890's to 1939

Jane Gee
29-11-2008, 3:27 PM
I have tried looking at the LMA archives to see if they hold anythingfor the above school which is in Enfield but must be thick because I can never seem to get into anything. My late grandfather and father went to the above school . Dad when he left age 16 in 1939 went as an apprentice flight engineer into the RAF (6 weeks later war was declared) he decided to do this so he went into his chosen service.
My grandfather was at the school the same time as Henry Pratt aka Boris Karloff.

I would love to know if anyone has written any histories about the school I know the school is still open but am also interested in any pupil/class photographs of that era. I do have dads school reports for the time he was there but would be interested in my grandads also if they exist.

Jan1954
29-11-2008, 3:37 PM
As the school is still open, why not write to them? As it has been established for such a long time, I am sure that they would have archives. They should also be able to tell you about any books that have been written about the school.

Jane Gee
29-11-2008, 3:41 PM
Hi Jan (again)
I will try this as they do have a website.

Best Wishes
Jane

Jan1954
29-11-2008, 3:45 PM
Hi Jan (again)I am not really following you - honest! :D

I had a look at the school website and I think that writing to them direct would be the best way of obtaining the information that you are after.

By the way, have you checked for the school on a site like Friends Reunited?

Jane Gee
29-11-2008, 4:05 PM
Thanks I have just done that, whose following who!!