PDA

View Full Version : James DIXON , baker of Newcastle and wife Isabella nee ROBSON

Dorothy
03-02-2005, 7:44 PM
Would like to know more about this couple ... unfortunately there are two couples with same names so I have conflicting data. James was b. abt. 1786 and Isabella abt. 1790 .I think that " my " couple were married at St. Andrews Bywell on 17th Jan. 1811 and had children George bap. 1812, Hannah bap. 1814 , Isabella b. 17th March , 1820 ( chr. July 1821 at All Saints , Ncle.), James Matthias 1823 and my G G grandfather William Maxwell b. 1825 in Newcastle.

Isabella's father could be John ROBSON
I'd appreciate any info. or suggestions about this family.

jonwaugh
07-07-2005, 4:34 PM
Dorothy,
I have Matthew WAUGH born Ovingham 1803 (his family from Bywell, Styford, Ovingham -- many christenings at Bywell St.Andrew and Bywell St.Peter) married Margaret ROBSON but I know nothing of her at this point except possibly born 1798, did die 1890 in Newfoundland (Canada). This couple married 1828, but way down in southern England at Portsea St.Mary's (however he had joined up as a soldier in Newcastle in 1826, so possibly she travelled down to join him, and was born from the same northern area.) Not much help to you at this point! Just wanted to make a note of my ROBSON connection.
John

Dorothy
14-07-2005, 8:09 PM
Hi John ,
ROBSON connection duly noticed. I'm going to the NE in September where I hope to make more inroads on the ROBSONs. Love the New England states which we visited often esp. Maine when we lived in the East.

Cheers,
Dorothy