PDA

View Full Version : Looking for John Maddocks

Janny49
20-11-2008, 3:57 AM
Hi there new friends :) I'm a newbie from Canada. Searching for my Great times 4 Grandfather. So far have found a lot of info on the census, but there's a big gap between 1851 and 1841 and earlier, back to 1802 when I think he was born. Name I'm looking for is John Maddocks. Last found on the 1851 census at 49 years old, head of household, coal miner from Bersham, Denbighshire, Wales. Can see that he had 4 children: John b. 1828, George b. 1833, Mary b. 1834, Jane b. 1835. Then later on his son John had a son called Edwin Maddocks b. 1857 (some confusion where Edwin was born - some say Bersham, Denbighshire and some say Coed Poeth, Flintshire). I can't seem to find this John Maddocks - wife's name or marriage. They all seemed to have lived in Bersham, or Wrexham district and all of the men were coal miners. Can anyone help me fill in the gaps? Thank you. |help|

pipsqueak
20-11-2008, 4:06 AM
Welcome! I'm falling asleep here but I expect someone will be able to help you!

Tamara
20-11-2008, 4:12 AM
Hello,

I am also a Canadian Newbie. I have only been a member for about a week, and the amount of help that I have received has been nothing short of amazing. The people here are so great. I will try and take a peek for you to see if we can fill in some of those gaps:)

Tamara

Procat
20-11-2008, 9:20 AM
Hi Janny,

Welcome to Brit-Gen. As your post was more of a query than an introduction (nothing wrong with that) I have moved it to the General Welsh Family History forum and changed the title.

Procat
21-11-2008, 8:37 AM
As Janny has posted a query about John on this thread (http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38476) under Denbighshire I am locking this thread. Please post any response on the linked thread.