PDA

View Full Version : how to post picture help please

Raaa
19-11-2008, 1:24 PM
hi i have a picture from jersey would love to know whos in photo i cannt figure out how to download picture can anyone help please david

Sue Mackay
19-11-2008, 2:47 PM
http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30819

Raaa
20-11-2008, 7:52 AM
thanks sue i now have the picture on photo bucket but i still dont understand how to put picture on a new thread here david

Procat
20-11-2008, 7:56 AM
start your thread and post your comments paste the link you copied from photobucket into the text box where you want it to appear and it should then become an active link to the image on photobucket click the preview button before you send the post to check if it works

Procat
20-11-2008, 8:02 AM
Forgot to mention that the link will probably appear in the post and not the photo. If this happens clicking on the link should then take you to photobucket.

Sue Mackay
20-11-2008, 10:01 AM
OK, what you need to copy is something called the IMG Code (Image Code). If this is not showing below the thumbnail picture, double click on the picture to enlarge it. If the IMG Code is still not showing, click on Link Options and make sure that the box is ticked for 'IMG for Bulletin Boards' - this is the code you need to copy into your B-G posting.

If you still can't find the Link Options (and admittedly since 'updating' the site recently it appears less user friendly in this regard) then go to your Account Options at the very top of the screen and follow Album Settings and then Link Options.

Raaa
20-11-2008, 12:13 PM
ive almost got but have i done it the right way if not can someone call me a doctor thanks everone david|wave||wave||nopity|