PDA

View Full Version : Powers family in Ufton, Snitterfield, Loxley and Leamington, C19 & C20

geoffpowers
02-02-2005, 5:32 PM
Researching the Powers family which originated in Combrook/Compton Verney in the early 17th century. (See my earlier posting on Powers in Combrook.)

The family appears to have largely left the Combrook area about 1810, probably due to changed employment circumstances, though there may well have been other reasons, and separate branches moved to Ufton, Loxley, Snitterfield and Leamington. I have some information about my own branch of the family which settled in Ufton, but know little about the others, apart from a few names traced through census returns. It is probable that some Powers's subsequently moved to Leicestershire (Appleby Magna), but at present I cannot establish a direct link here.

I would be very pleased to hear from anyone connected with the Powers family in any of the above places, either directly or through marriage.

Geoff Powers

neilrbowers
06-03-2005, 8:25 PM
Hi Geoff, just registered and caught up with your messages. I too am researching POWERS in Combrook and Leamington. My grandmother Donna Maria (Maria) POWERS was born in Leamington in 1843, her parents were John POWERS (born c 1816) and Mary JONES (born c 1809). I believe John's parents were Thomas POWERS (born Combrook c 1783) and Elizabeth. I would be delighted to hear from you.

Neil Bowers