PDA

View Full Version : THOMPSON in Cromer, 1851 lookup please?

Marion
01-02-2005, 1:14 PM
My ancestor Thomas Turner THOMPSON was born in Cromer about 1837, and his father was named as George THOMPSON.

The earliest census I can find Thomas in is 1871, when he was a sailor living in Harwich, but I think he was living there from about 1860 when his eldest child was born.

I've searched the 1861 census for Cromer but there are no THOMPSON's living there then. If anyone can find George, and any family with him, I'd be very grateful.

Marion in Wiltshire

Geoffers
01-02-2005, 3:30 PM
My ancestor Thomas Turner THOMPSON was born in Cromer about 1837, and his father was named as George THOMPSON.
The earliest census I can find Thomas in is 1871, when he was a sailor living in Harwich, but I think he was living there from about 1860 when his eldest child was born. I've searched the 1861 census for Cromer but there are no THOMPSON's living there then. If anyone can find George, and any family with him, I'd be very grateful.
No trace in 1851 that I could find - however........The 1841 census for Cromer has been transcribed for the Norfolk Transcription Archive, you'll find Thomas there aged 6, with George, a coast guard.
http://www.genealogy.doun.org/transcriptions/documents.php?district_id=2&document_id=37942

Geoffers
Charlbury, Oxfordshire

Marion
01-02-2005, 4:15 PM
Wow thank you Geoffers! Your help is very much appreciated. Another brickwall tumbles

Marion in Wiltshire|woohoo|