PDA

View Full Version : Burial Instructions Revealed Birthplace

crisGloss
09-11-2008, 9:49 AM
Hi

The marriage record, headstone, death notice, death certificate all hid the birthplace of my GG mother, but the Burial Instructions contained the information.

Chris

benny1982
24-11-2008, 8:41 PM
Hi

It is a brilliant thought when you have found an ancestor after a long brickwall. Extra details can really help.

Ben

Lesley Robertson
24-11-2008, 8:55 PM
Hi

The marriage record, headstone, death notice, death certificate all hid the birthplace of my GG mother, but the Burial Instructions contained the information.

Chris

How did you find them?
Lesley

crisGloss
25-11-2008, 6:44 AM
Hi

After all the trouble of visiting graves and getting death certificates, it seemed amazingly simple to just pick up the phone, exude a little charm, and ask about the burial instructions ("Instructions for Grave & Application for Burial"). They have been scanned and are held on the cemetery's computer network. It may not be true of all cemeteries, but the family or Funeral Director in Western Australia are required to fill out an official form, and state:

death date,
age at death,
where,
cause of death,
the last address of the deceased,
religion,
occupation,
person to officiate at grave,
undertaker,
birthplace,
and more.

The Cemetery Office offered to email the information to me. |jumphappy I couldn't speak for several seconds!

I suggest that if you also do this, don't ask for more than one record at a time. Softly, softly, catchee...

Chris