PDA

View Full Version : Matthew Mullins

Geoffwhittaker
07-11-2008, 5:46 PM
I am looking for the parents of Matthew Mullins born in Broadwinsor Dorset around 1816. If anyone can help me trace his parents it would help me to go back a further generation. Many thanks to anyone able to help.

Mutley
07-11-2008, 7:16 PM
The only one I can see in Broadwinsor is a Rebecka (sic) Mullins baptised on 11 Feb 1821. Parents William and Rebeca.

A possible sister?

Aislin
07-11-2008, 7:49 PM
I found this Matthew Mullen on FamilySearch in Donyatt, which judging by the map is very close to Broadwinsor. Correct me if I'm wrong. I live across the pond.

Husband
Mathew Mullen
Birth: 1821 Donyatt, Somerset, England
Christening:
Marriage: 1842 Donyatt, Somerset, England
Death:
Burial:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wife - Sarah
Birth: 1824 Donyatt, Somerset, England
Christening:
Marriage: 1842 Donyatt, Somerset, England
Death:
Burial:

Children:
1. Thomas Henry Mullen
Male
Birth: 12 FEB 1843 Donyatt, Somerset, England
Christening:
Death:
Burial:

oldbiker
15-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Hi Geoff

Your post dated March 2007 just noticed and I have just joined the BG. Perhaps by now you have already obtained the information you were seeking.

Within our family we know for certain that Matthew was one of 13 siblings and that we are descended from his brother Henry. We have extensive and conclusive information on Henry and a lot on most of the siblings including Matthew. If it is the Broadwinsor Matthew born c1816 then the Donyatt connection is a red herring. I can confirm that Matthew was the son of William Mullins and Rebecca ( nee Lane ) and I know who their parents were as well. I am sure we can be of mutual assistance to each other as I am not just interested in my direct line but like to collect information on siblings and their children to a couple of generations at least. I knew that Matthew lived in the Ilminster area----one time at Ilton and maybe later at Woolham Farm and I am convinced that your man is mine too. The Rebecca baptised in 1821 was his sister.

As I am new to this site is there a personal link which will enable us to communicate direct?

Cheers

oldbiker

Mutley
16-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Hi Geoff

As I am new to this site is there a personal link which will enable us to communicate direct?

Cheers

oldbiker

Welcome to the forum Oldbiker.

If you click on the username Geoffwhittaker above his post, you can choose to send a private message or an email to Geoff. If the light is green beside his name then he is online.