PDA

View Full Version : william and mary newport of wexford ireland

josie
31-01-2005, 11:52 AM
hi

i am trying to trace any information about my husband grandparents, they were William Newport Born 1891 Wexford and died 1950 and his wife Mary(nee Flood) born 1901 and died 1953 i know very little about them except William mother was a margaret Clark and Mary's mother was a Catherine O'Leary they were catholics i know William and Mary had a daughter Mary O'Connor who lived in Corish Park, a son Robert who moved to NSW and then back to wexford, a daughter Anasatsia George(my husband mother) who moved to London, another daughter ester who moved to london and then new zealand. There were 13 or 14 children but i have no ieda of there namesif anyone could help or have a connection i would love to hear from you.

josie
Australia

newport
17-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Hi Josie.
We are delighted to reply to your search about your grandparents who were also my grandparents. Our family name is Newport. Our fathers name was William who was a son of William and Mary from Maudlintown in Wexford. William had six children, four girls and two boys. ( Chrissie,R.I P. Martin, James, Eileen, Patricia and Marie. Our Mother was Ellen Kehoe. We will gladly give you any information you need and look forward to hearing from you.
We learned of your search today from a friend.

Marie and Eileen.

josie
08-10-2005, 3:47 AM
Hi Marie and Elleen

Have sent you private message, hope to hear from you soon

Mimo Bol
29-01-2008, 7:50 PM
Hello there,

Mary O'Connor (nee Newport) was my grandmother she had a brother Robert (Bobby) who did emigrate to NZ and returned to Wexford to live with his wife Val, Anna George their sister now lives in Surrey as far as I know. They also have another brother Fintan who lives here in Wexford and there are a few more siblings also whom I cant recall all their names - I believe my great aunty Anna is the same person you are refferring too! Your post seems to be dated quiet a while back so you probably have all the info you need.

All the best.

v.wells
29-01-2008, 9:43 PM
Mimo Bol
I daren't ask you if you have access to Wexford records? |blush| I am searching for my g grandmother Mary Elliott b 1860 and married Michael Walsh b 1840. He apparently came from Rathkiele, Limerick but on all the census it has been recorded as Wexford. 2 boys Thomas and Michael John Walsh were born in Capetown, while Michael in army. He was a bootmaker. The other children were born in England. Mary Elliott married Michael about 1876 - she was very young. Both Roman Catholic. We do not know if there were any Elliott's in England and know nothing about her Irish family. I would love some helpful ideas aside from applying by mail for a researcher.
Thanks and Welcome to our forum!:D

Mimo Bol
30-01-2008, 4:39 PM
Unfortunatly I don't, sorry I cant be of help!

v.wells
30-01-2008, 5:17 PM
Oh well, it was worth a try.Thanks for replying.

GNewport
06-10-2008, 3:53 PM
Hi,

My name is Geraldine Newport and I believe I can be of great help in your search for your husband's family as my grandparents, William and Mary Newport are obviously of some relation to your husband. My father Fintan Newport has been researching our family tree for years (with help from my mother and my other sisters and brother!). I have just started my own research on behalf of my parents as they are not quite up to date with modern technology as of yet!!

From the comments in the forum, I have gathered that my cousins Marie and Eileen have been in contact with you some time ago. Despite this, if you need any more info, please get in touch!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Ps. I have also sent you a private email just in case!

Jasswab
03-11-2008, 6:44 PM
Hi any help on this family would be greatfully appreciated

1. PATRICK NEWPORT was born Abt. 1865 in Wexford Ireland He married ANNA COUSINS 1890 in Wexford Ireland, daughter of THOMAS COUSINS and ALICE QUINN. She was born 19 Feb 1869 in Carrigbyne Wexford9,

Notes for PATRICK NEWPORT:

Living with Patrick 1901 Wexford Census, Ballykelly Killiane

Annie(27)wife-Annie(7)-Kathleen(6months)Eddy(28)brother-Maria(23)sister- An nie Hogan(7)niece-Maggie Hogan(5)niece[desk.FTW]

More About PATRICK NEWPORT:
Address (4): 1901, Ballykelly

More About ANNA COUSINS:
Baptised: 19 Feb 1869, Sponsors John Dunphy & Mary Nugent
Fact 11: Had a twin brother John
St Catherine - bir: 19 Feb 1869, New Ross

Children of PATRICK NEWPORT and ANNA COUSINS are:
i. ANNIE NEWPORT b. 1893, Ballykelly Killiane
ii. CATHLEEN NEWPORT b. 1900, Ballykelly Killiane

My family connection is through Anna Cousins

Thanks

Peter Cousins

tiggerbrat
04-11-2008, 12:24 AM
my great great grandmother was a NEWPORT Bessie Ann NEWPORT but until I get her birth certificate I am not sure where she came from I found her father was James NEWPORT she married Harry James Meredith Aug or Sept 1882 South Stoneham county of Hampshire her daughter Bessie Edith was born under her mother's maiden name NEWPORT
Jules

Nznewport
13-01-2018, 6:07 AM
Hi Josie,
Im Steve. Sorry for the late reply, I just read your post and was blown away by it. I too have been trying to find information in the very same family as my wife's mum is one of the missing generation.
The lady i refer to is Esther Newport she is the one who went to NZ.
She now is living in a rest home in the Gold cost, she is alive fit and well.
She has not been in contact with any of her family probably since the 60's and I know she would love to make come contact.
I also want as much information as I can get for my Family tree for my sons.
I hope you get this soon.
Very best Regards.
Steve.

Nznewport
13-01-2018, 6:15 AM
Hello Marie and Eileen,
I just came across this posting, I know it is very old, but I hope you receive my post. Esther Newport the daughter who went to London and then to New Zealand is my Mother in law. She is alive and well living in a retirement home in Gold Coast Australia.
Esther has not been able to tell me anything of use in putting a family tree together as she was too young when her parents passes away. I would love to get as much information as I could about the Newport family and put Esther in touch with any living brothers or sisters.
Please contact me if you get this.

GNewport
08-05-2018, 2:31 AM
Hi Steve,

I just sent you a private email and i hope it gets to you. I'm in shock writing this....
Esther is my aunt. Please get in touch as soon as you can.
Geraldine (daughter of her brother Fintan)

Nznewport
08-05-2018, 8:40 AM
Hi, Yes I got your email, What a wonderful surprise, How can I contact you directly?
I felt like posting here, was like answering a message in a bottle, but I got an answer.
I dont know of her your dad and your family but I am really eager to know you all. stevess591ATgmailDOTcom

GNewport
09-05-2018, 7:58 AM
Hi Steve,

Sent an email to that address ���� Can't wait to hear from you soon xxx Geraldine

Brendan Campbel
20-02-2021, 1:42 PM
Hello all,
My name is Brendan Campbell, son Of Theresa Campbell nee. Newport, born 1932 in Maudlintown, Wexford. I have completed two family trees for the Newport's & Flood's.

Volume 1 relates to the Flood maternal lineage and goes from 1819 to Uncle Fintan's birth in 1942.
Volume 2 covers the Newport Paternal tree covering five generations from Stephen Newport abt 1800 to the death of Mary Flood Newport died 1953.
These volumes contain a number of photographs.

Anyone wishing copies of these I can forward via email. Look forward to hearing from anyone with an interest.

Lockwood617
26-10-2021, 1:07 AM
Hello Brendan,

My name is Laura Lockwood and I have just started working on the family tree. I would be very interested in the information that you would have for the Flood's. Hanora "Nora" Flood is my grandmother. I am aware of several of her siblings but unfortunately have not gotten to know any of the families. It would be great to connect with everyone. The family is growing everyday. Nora had 10 children, 37 grandchildren. There are plenty of cousins in the States. Looking forward to hearing from any of the relatives.