PDA

View Full Version : SIDNEY TAYLOR'S DECENDANTS

georgeyone
03-11-2008, 9:15 PM
Hello everyone
As I have hit a brick wall with my Grandfather I will try and find my cousin/s, my uncle was Sidney Taylor b 1917 LeicesterI think he married Margaret Ballard in 1940 in Blaby (waiting on certs) I think they had a daughter Patricia B 1942 and a son Michael b 1943 if any one has any info I would be greatfull.
Paul

Procat
04-11-2008, 6:47 AM
If anyone is able to assist Paul with information regarding living relatives please use the forums Private Message facility rather than posting on the open forum.

Thanks,

tony vines
04-11-2008, 7:45 PM
Hi Paul

I don't think that this question breaks the "good taste" rule that Procat reminds you of. It was just that you referred to Sydney's birth in 1917 and I noticed that there are two people of that name and the same middle initial born in Leicester in the first two quarters of 1917. In each case the mother's name is given but are you sure that you know which one it is?

cheers

georgeyone
09-11-2008, 2:22 PM
Thanks Tony.
Sorry I took so long answering I have been busy talking to you on another matter (thanks again for the help ) Sidney W Taylor was my mum's elder brother his mum's maiden name was Perry.
Paul.
I am not sure if any children are living so if you have any information please feel free to PM me.
Thanks
Paul

tony vines
10-11-2008, 7:32 PM
No problems Paul

I suppose I was just drawing your attention to the fact that unless you had other evidence of the correct Sydney there were potentially two to track. One of the two I found was certainly born to a mother, maiden name Perry and I assume from your reply that you know that this is the correct family. The same problem potentially applies to the later marriage you referred to (given that it is quite possible that both Sydney W Taylors got married) and again I assume that you have verified that you have the correct Sydney - or will have when the certificates arrive.

I'm afraid that tracking the cousins born in the 1940s is beyond my resources as the name is so wide-spread. But good luck with your hunt.

regards

georgeyone
12-11-2008, 9:06 PM
Thanks again Tony for your help it's people like you and others on here that make this site of the best on tinternet.
Paul