PDA

View Full Version : Want Family

padawson_1
10-10-2004, 8:48 PM
Hi all

If there is anybody researching the The WANT family, which from my reasearch is from around the Basingstoke area, Church Oakley,Upton Grey, Monk Sherborne and Wotton St Lawrence. Any info from pre 1881 would be most grateful. specifically Andrew Want born 1834 and his father James Want.

Many thanks

Peter

Tuppence
12-10-2004, 1:46 AM
Hi,
Have just checked my line and found that there is a James Want born about 1795 who married Fanny Harfield born about June/July 1795 christened 5th July 1795. They were married in Church Oakley 14 March 1816. She was my 5x great aunt and was born in Church Oakley the daughter of William Harfield and Hannah Jones of Wooton-St-Lawrence. Is this someone that you are looking for?

Dawn

padawson_1
16-10-2004, 4:12 PM
Hi Dawn

Thanks for the info. It looks like the James Want, my 5x great grandfather, you have in your tree is the one I am looking for. His son Andrew, has a son called James and a daughter called Fanny. As it was the custom to name children after their Grandparents and parents it looks likely this is the James i am looking for. If you have any more details of james i would be most grateful. Also if you would like any details of anything in my tree please ask.

Many thanks

Peter

Tuppence
17-10-2004, 1:43 PM
Hi Peter,
All I have at present is the microfiche #'s but my cousin has the actual films of around that area and time. At the moment he is travelling in Aus. and is not available till next month so will ask him what he has then. If you want the #'s I'll look them up for you. I have a wierd question for you, are you the Peter Dawson involved with the Treagus family?
Regards,
Dawn

Tuppence
02-11-2004, 10:08 PM
Hi Peter,

Think I have found the siblings of Andrew. Reason I asked about Treagus as they are my husbands ancestors.
Dawn

padawson_1
08-11-2004, 8:52 PM
Hi Dawn

As far as i know i have no Treagus in my tree. I already know some of andrew wants siblings but if you could let me know what you have i would be most grateful.

thanks

Peter

Tuppence
09-11-2004, 5:03 PM
Hi Peter,
There is a Peter Dawson in Aus. that is involved with the Treagus family tree, just thought if you were one and the same that it would be as they say "you're only one step away from marrying your cousin. Now to Fanny:-
Fanny Harfield, Church Oakley b. abt.1795 christened 5 July 1795 married James Want, Old Basing b. abt 1795 on 14 March 1816
Church Oakley Marriage Register [HRO 74M72 PR3] mf5. p3/7 by Banns with the consent of parents [Wm. Bainbridge, curate] in the presence of
George Jones & Charlotte Bowley.
For their children they come from Sean Traynor who is reliable as he is willing to be corrected if what he has is shown to be incorrect:-
William b. 1816 Charles b. 1818 James b. 1820
Charlotte b. 1822 George b. 1824 Hannah b. 1826
Elizabeth b. 1828 David b. 1830 Joseph b. 1831
Andrew b. 1833 Henry b. 1834
This all needs to be verified but the source is pretty good and I hope it helps. If nothing else it is a start. Good luck!!
Tuppence