PDA

View Full Version : 1861 London (Maida Vale)Census look up please

Linda Bourne
29-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Please could a kind person look up the above for me. In particular I am trying to locate a Joseph Rodney CROSKEY, his wife and children. In 1881 they were living at 9 Portsdown Road, London. I understand that this road is now known as Randolph Avenue, Maida Vale. Any help greatly appreciated.
Linda in Bantry, Co.Cork

rotti
29-01-2005, 4:35 PM
When & where was he born?
What are the names of his family?
Do you have him on the 1871?

Mark

Linda Bourne
29-01-2005, 7:43 PM
Hello Mark, he was born c.1811 in USA (place unknown). His children were:-Mary,
Cordelia,
?Teresa,
Richard,
Rodney,
and Carl.
Hope you can find them.
Regards, Linda

Linda Bourne
29-01-2005, 7:44 PM
I have not yet found them on the 1871.
Regards, Linda

rotti
30-01-2005, 3:07 AM
1871:
Cordelia B Croskey, 23, bp Southampton, Hants, living with her sister Mary K Gooch, 25, bp Cowes, Isle of Wight. Mary is married to Henry Gooch & they have 2 children Algetha & Daniel both born in Wales. They are living in Paddington. RG10/10/62.

There are 2 Richard Croskeys, one is 26 & one is 7, which one is yours?

Rodney Croskey, b-in-law, 16, bp Southampton and his mother Sarah, m-in-law, 45, bp Gosport, Hants are both living with Isabella Perkins, 36, bp New Jersey, USA and her husband Frederick perkins, 44, bp Southampton who have 5 children. Living in Bloomsbury.

Carl Croskey, 10 bp London is living at a School in St Johns, Hertfordshire.

I could not find Joseph although I did find a Joseph Crosskey, 43, bp Brighton, Sussex living in Wandsworth, London, but he has a family that does not tie in.

It looks like Joseph has sent his family to live with relatives whilst he may have returned to the States?

Let me know if I can help anymore

Mark

Linda Bourne
30-01-2005, 8:17 PM
Mark, thank you so much for your research. It is most appreciated and I think you are doing an excellent service.
I will certainly come back if needed.
Very best wishes,
Linda

Linda Bourne
30-01-2005, 8:30 PM
Mark - I think the two Richard Croskeys belong to my family. The 7 year old is certainly a son of Joseph's, but the older Richard must be a brother of Joseph's that I know nothing about. Does it say where the elder Richard was born please?
Are you able to help with the 1861 for Portsdown Road, or Cordelia's address?
Regards,
Linda