PDA

View Full Version : Lemon/Lemmon

JeffLemon
23-10-2008, 8:29 PM
I am searching for info on a Lemon/Lemmon family in the Killinchy area. Specifically looking for John Lemon born about 1785. He married an Elizabeth (Maiden name unknown) in Ireland. They had at least two children born in Ireland, Elizabeth Lemon/Lemmon born about 1829 and Mariah Lemon/Lemmon born about 1832. They emmigrated to Chipman, New Brunswick, Canada between 1832 & 1837. They had several other children in Canada.

I have found a couple of records from a Presbyterian church in Killinchy that leads me to believe they may have married and lived in that area prior to leaving for Canada.

I am not able to get any further than that. If anybody has info that they think may be helpful it would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff Lemon

Jan1954
23-10-2008, 8:38 PM
Hello Jeff and welcome to Brit-Gen.

I am not sure if you have seen this, but it is a list of free internet sites that cover County Down (http://www.igp-web.com/down/FreeResources.htm) genealogy.

Have a rummage - you may get lucky. ;)

Hall/Swan
25-10-2008, 11:37 PM
I am searching for info on a Lemon/Lemmon family in the Killinchy area. Specifically looking for John Lemon born about 1785. He married an Elizabeth (Maiden name unknown) in Ireland. They had at least two children born in Ireland, Elizabeth Lemon/Lemmon born about 1829 and Mariah Lemon/Lemmon born about 1832. They emmigrated to Chipman, New Brunswick, Canada between 1832 & 1837. They had several other children in Canada.

I have found a couple of records from a Presbyterian church in Killinchy that leads me to believe they may have married and lived in that area prior to leaving for Canada.

I am not able to get any further than that. If anybody has info that they think may be helpful it would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff Lemon

Came across someone looking for Lemon/Lemmons before. They asked about Harbinsons too. Any connection?