PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Find My Own Posts?

junedye64
21-10-2008, 8:45 PM
I had a message posted under the Electoral roll title but the whole thing seems to have disappeared.
Am I going mad and not looking in the right place?

June

Geoffers
21-10-2008, 9:00 PM
I had a message posted under the Electoral roll title but the whole thing seems to have disappeared. Am I going mad and not looking in the right place?

The Electoral Roll forum has been deleted as part of the general housekeeping and minor reorganization of the forums - BUT - all threads that were there still exist. They have just been moved to more relevant places

I take it that the thread to which you refer is this one (http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36643)

If you want to find what messages you have posted, click on your name and you'll see one of the options is to find all the messages that you have posted - select this.

Another way is to look in the top left corner of the screen and selet 'user CP'. Threads to which you have subscribed will be displayed if they have been updated recently. To see those threads which have not been updated, select the link 'View all subscribed threads'.

Sue Mackay
22-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Hallo June

I have sent you a Private Message as well, but this is just to let people know that I have changed the title of this thread to "How Do I Find My Own Posts", so that it can stay in the Problem? forum and be of benefit to any others who are lost.

Geoffers gives very good instructions in Message 3

somanyrellies
22-10-2008, 5:08 PM
I always click on Quick Links (top RH corner)

then Subscribed Threads in the pop down box.

Mutley
22-10-2008, 10:48 PM
I always click on Quick Links (top RH corner)
then Subscribed Threads in the pop down box.

Me too :) I am always there somewhere!

june payne
25-01-2009, 9:30 PM
I joined last week but cannot find my name to click on to send threads

Sue Mackay
25-01-2009, 10:38 PM
You should also find a clickable link of your own name in the top right hand corner of every page, just under the red Parish Chest logo. It takes you to your Profile - click on Statistics to find all your posts.

I joined last week but cannot find my name to click on to send threads

You don't need to find your name to send threads. Just go to the relevant forum and click on New Thread and type your message, then press Submit.