PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used GovtRegistry.com ?

Peter_uk_can
16-10-2008, 5:45 PM
From infomation recently received it would appear that one of the ancestors was not the nicest of fella's.

The site above says that it has court records for all Canada, but do they ?

susan-y
16-10-2008, 5:53 PM
Peter...

I find it hard to believe all the information they say is on there really is there for Canada. Our privacy laws would likely block alot of stuff, wouldn't you think?

Sue

v.wells
16-10-2008, 5:58 PM
Peter, where are your "pearls of wisdom" on this one. :confused:
I agree with Sue. You have to jump thru a zillion hoops with the gov't of Canada.

Peter_uk_can
16-10-2008, 6:17 PM
Peter, where are your "pearls of wisdom" on this one. :confused:
I agree with Sue. You have to jump thru a zillion hoops with the gov't of Canada.

Vanessa.. My "Pearls of wisdom" of which you speak, are evident in the fact that I am asking the worldly wise for their opinion and perhaps first hand knowledge before I package up my 29 bushels of corn and send them on their way.

The alternative to asking, is to send the corn and then spend the next 3 years wasting valuable research time and forum space with |oopsredfa-|dunce2|- |sad1|-|doh| followed by lots of |5cups|

Mary Anne
16-10-2008, 7:02 PM
The address is registered to a company in the US (Pennsylvania). It's difficult to find anything on the WWW about it, except advertising.

But my guess is it is a fraudulent way to get at your 29 bushels of corn, Peter. I have seen a rootsweb chat where people entered all kinds of goofy made-up names and the site indicated there were matching records that they should pay to see. |scold|

And, in relation to Canadian information, they would simply not have access to much of the stuff they claim to have access to! (with the possible exception of one of your ancestors whose arrest notice appeared in the newspaper :rolleyes:).

susan-y
16-10-2008, 8:57 PM
It would be nice to know if any Brit-Gen member has used it for information about a criminal from another country. :)